“Impressive Service”

Ranked #10 of 52 Restaurants in Jasper
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
ooltewah
“Impressive Service”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My son and I stayed the night in Jasper, GA going on a fishing trip. We were looking for a place to eat dinner and decided on Fatz. The service was impressive. We were greeted warmly by the host who showed us to are table. She talked with us for a few minutes making us feel right at home. Our server took our drinker order prompt and while we looked over the menu a sample of calabash chicken was brought to our table. Calabash chicken is good stuff. We placed our dinner order. The food came promptly to our table and hot. I am a stickler when my food arrives warm because it tells me it was waiting in the serving window to long.
While we eat the manager, our server and other servers checked on us and made sure we had everything we needed. The food was good but the service was great. They get an A+ from me on customer service. I would definitely go back again.

Visited July 2014

Talking Rock, Georgia
“No sweet tea!!!!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We live in Jasper and had only visited Fatz when it first opened until recently. The food was average but when considering the price, it was an overall good value. What we found interesting to say the least is Fatz does not serve sweet tea. You expect that when traveling in the northern states but not the south. To compound the issue (at least for our family) they only have Pepsi products. No sweet tea and no Coke products is not a winning combination, not here in the south. If we go back, we will bring our own beverages.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
“Good food”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Good food for a good price but service was slow. It took almost 45 minutes to get our food. We went a second time and the same thing happened. My daughter and I had soup with our meals and the soup actually came after we were done with our main courses.

Visited April 2014
Ball Ground, GA
“Classy, but casual”
Reviewed 26 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

You might expect a few country-fried restaurants in Jasper, GA in the gateway to the Appalachian mountians. Not so. Instead there's a lot of them for a small town. But along came this restaurant called Fatz a few years ago and gave the dining community of Jasper a distict higher level of choice.
In between the sea of fast-food/grits & gravey places and the worn-thin high-end Woodbridge Inn, is where Fatz fits perfectly. It's casual, but with a solid dose of class. The people who work there seem to give-a-care and from the greeters, to the servers, to the managers, one is made to feel special. The atmosphere is warm and cozy --especially the booths --and the lower lighting adds a sort of elegance too.

And you might expect the meals at Fatz then to be a little pricy? Sorry. Most entrees --even at dinner --are in the $10-$13 range, and the selection should please everyone in your party. It's served promptly and hot (mostly) and often before you are done eating their great little rolls with applebutter.

Their specialty is Calabash chicken (I didn't say you would entirely get away from chicken in Jasper). I don't pretend to know what that is, but it sure is good and tastes like no other types of chicken prep I've ever eatin. And Fatz gives you ample portions. My wife and I often need a to-go box.

Whether it's a special occassion or just a spontaneus get-a-way dinner (or lunch), I highly recommed Fatz in Jasper. I suspect their other locations around north Geaorgia and beyond are good too.

Visited March 2014
Ringgold, Georgia
“Great place in Jasper, Ga”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

There were 12 of us who ate there earlier today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Miranda waited on us and she did a great job of tending to our needs.
The food was great from the ribs to their excellent fried chicken. I had an appy that I can't remember the name of but it came in a like a stick and had some heat to it, it was great!

Try them out while in the Jasper area.

Good eatin'!

• Visited March 2014

Been to FATZ? Share your experiences!