“I was a little afraid”
Review of Woodbridge Inn

Woodbridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Jasper B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 January 2011

to stay because of the reviews and Im used to high end hotels. It is by far the best option in the immediate area. I stayed for two nights in Rm #5. It was adequate and had ample space and was clean . However, I was a little surprised at the lack of hospitality . I made my reservation 6 months in advance and was trying to plan a surprise birthday brunch for my husband in their restaurant . I called at least 4 times and was told someone would get back to me and know one did. I wanted a brunch menu for my party and they refused to deviate from their menu at all. They served no breakfast food whatsoever and if you ask me their lunch menu is more like a dinner menu . The items were very nice, i.e fresh fish, veal, pork, meatloaf but very heavy for a Sunday morning. I wound up having the party there because I had no other option but they were very difficult to work with. The most they would do to make my husbands day special was pull a table together. They were also closed on New Yrs day despite having 100% occupency. If you need something afterhours your pretty much out of luck.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Woodbridge Inn

Reviewed 23 November 2010

We spent one Friday night at the Woodbridge Inn with a large group of friends. We were in a room over the restaurant, which was clean, quiet and spacious, if not luxurious. Others in rooms in the lodge were not as pleased with their rooms, although they were certainly not displeased. The highlight of our stay, however, was dinner in the inn's restaurant. Their food is outstanding and modestly priced for what you get. The atmosphere in the restaurant is very pleasant and it was full on this Friday evening. Since we had a large group, we chose from one of three entrees, rather than having the entire menu from which to select, but all three choices were well received.
Overall, I believe the inn and restaurant offer very good value and a pleasing experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend because I had a friend getting married in nearby Tate. Our choices were here, a Motel 8, or to stay 30 minutes drive away in Canton. I dearly wish I had stayed in Canton instead.

I should preface this by saying I am a city girl who probably would have never come to Jasper if I had not been forced to by the wedding. That said, Woodbridge is not an Inn or a Lodge, it's a motel. There are 2 buildings on the property, we were in the secondary building. The quality of our room was quite shocking to me. The vertical blinds were missing slats, the carpet had several mysterious stains, as did the walls. The bed was decent, but the pillows were horribly lumpy. The shower had rust stains everywhere, and a horrible shower head. The towels were scratchy and poor quality. The advertisement on their website of "german clean" is a joke.

The room had circular staircase leading to a loft, but the space made no sense. It just had another (ancient) TV and couch, which seemed unnecessary. In fact, we hit our head on the staircase several times due to its placement near the bed.

We never ate at the restaurant, so I can't speak to its quality. The only positives were the free wi-fi, a nice view of the mountains and the ability to easily check-out early by dropping off our key in a box.

Jasper is a cute town, but I'd suggest staying somewhere else and driving there instead.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We’ve been going to the Woodbridge for many years and have always been more than satisfied. Our most recent visit was not only extremely disappointing but rather shocking. The food quality was poor including items overcooked, undercooked and over spiced. It turns out the Woodbridge has gone from utilizing trained, professional chefs to using inexperienced line cooks and it shows. Most appalling was a tall blonde waitress with a substantial odor of alcohol on her breath. The founder, Joe Ruffert was a great man and great restaurateur. We had so much hope that his son, Hans (a trained and highly skilled chef) would take the Woodbridge to the next level. He has done exactly that but has taken it 2 steps in the wrong direction, both food and service. What a shame.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank DavidM4969
Reviewed 28 August 2010

We used to live near Jasper, GA. The Woodbridge Inn was where we celebrated all of our anniversary dinners. We moved seven years ago and have not been back since. We decided since this was our 25th anniversary, we would stay at the Lodge due to the drive. We made reservations in JUNE! The room was okay. No problem there. (Pool was filthy, Koi pond dry) We arrived at the restaurant expecting a table by the window. We had to wait for a table to be bussed and it was in the back corner! The online menu has change drastically and several menu items are no longer offered. I went with the Wiener Schnitzel. OMG! The 'homemade' spaetzle was cold as was the Barvarian cabbage. They zapped more spaetzle in the microwave and it was so hard and dry it was truly inedible. The 'veal' I swear was a partial pork loin chop pounded to 1/8 inch with 1/2 inch of breading fried for so long that it was tough, dry and also inedible. The serving portion was about 4 ounces of meat. I could NOT believe the experience. Joe Rueffert would be so disappointed that Hans has allowed such poor quality of food to be served. I can't believe the memory we will now endure of our 25th wedding anniversary!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2010

not a bad place to stay. dosn't have every thing, but still very nice. jasper is a great place and the weekend we were there, they had free music in the streets. right in the middle of town. they closed off streets and everything. cool stuff for a small, small town. i miss the ice. but found it at a close gas station. i will be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2009

I have come back to this place a second time for my best friends wedding. I tend to be a princess and love nice hotels but at the same time I enjoy a good ole southern inn full of charm. We had a nice dinner with the wedding party and everyone loved theyre meal.
The staff was very nice from the moment we walked in the door until check out.
The bride had a room in the main inn and it was smaller but I felt nice. And my parents and myself had rooms in the other building with amazing views over the mountains and a large lawn with koi pond in the back. For 65.oo the price cant be beat. I had a two story room with a comfy bed and balcony with rocking chairs.
Also I had wi-fi and a late check out. The staff could not have been more accommodating!
I will be back again and again!!!
I will post my photos of this Inn and its beautiful gardens.
They should clean up the pool is my only complaint but it was still cool this weekend so Im sure they will.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jasper
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper
Golf Club Villas
Golf Club Villas
#1 of 1 in Marble Hill
Hampton Inn Atlanta Canton

Been to Woodbridge Inn? Share your experiences!