“Awesome Fish Tacos”

Pueblo Cantina Bar & Grill
Ranked #17 of 54 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was spending some time in Jasper and decided I'd try working from the restaurant. The had the fish tacos which were awesome and a 22oz Margarita. The service was quick and very attentive. All in all a typical Mexican place but the Tacos auténticos were a stand out attraction!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Fast, great service. Nice amount of food for the price. Simply delicious, true Mexican food. Soo many great options it's hard to choose. A must when for Mexican food lovers when in the area.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The food here is really delicious. The carne asada is amazing as are the chimichangas. My family has had a variety of entrees and everything has been great. AND, the best Margaritas! Very nice family atmosphere, friendly staff. In fact, we have decided this restaurant's Mexican dishes are better than we encountered back in California.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stopped by the Pueblo Cantina on Luke Carver Drive in Jasper, to meet with some friends for lunch. Service was very good and the staff was attentive. The food was only average for Mexican fare, but they were quick to bring our orders out. I ordered the lunch Taco Salad with mixed chicken and beef. I was disappointed when it arrived to find out it was ground beef. I was looking for sauteed and fried beef strips, like your usually get when you order fajitas. If I want ground beef, I'll go to one of the fast taco places (which I don't do). My wife ordered a chicken and veggies dish that was totally tasteless, but then she doesn't like spicy so she was OK with it. The portions were very large and one of my buddies ordered a 1/2 salad dish that was as big as most places serve for a full salad. Nobody walked away hungry.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

There are actually two locations for Pueblo. One is 660 W Church St Jasper, GA 30143 and this one is located at 25 Luke Carver Dr., Jasper, GA - same owner and same food. Now the difference is that the Luke Carver location is open on Sunday and has a larger parking lot for easy access. For those of us locals, you may see us at either location but my husband and I prefer Church street as it is closer to our home.

About the food:

Our favorite is the chicken fajitas. We get an order for one and it is plenty for two people. They have very good chips and salsa along with white cheese dip (with or without jalapenos). Sometimes for lunch the fajitas are not sizzling (but they are less expensive) but in the evening they are usually sizzling and come with rice, beans, sour cream, lettuce - the works (guacamole too). The carnitas are also very good here! They of course have the burritos and enchiladas people have come to expect but we love the chicken fajitas!

About the drinks:

Cannot beat the Texas Margaritas on the rocks! A half pitcher is only around $8.00 and is a great value! My husband and I can get out of this restaurant spending about $22 plus tip for chips, salsa, cheese dip, one order of fajitas and margaritas! Cannot beat it anywhere around Jasper for price and value and service.

I have seen them get very busy and have seen people act a little put out but they do work hard to get everyone serviced and keep their chips and drinks full while waiting.

We have been going to the original location over 10 years and as a local, highly recommend either location and they are kid friendly as well! Enjoy!