“Nice Hotel with friendly and helpful staff”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed 14 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank pavs99
Microtel-Jasper1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have stayed at a lot of Hotels from Marriott to Holiday Inn and everything in between. I cannot believe how wonderful my stay at Microtel in Jasper Georgia was. I was greeted by name as I entered the hotel (which has never happened to me before), the staff was so friendly and helpful. I felt like I was their only guest. My room and the whole facility was clean and fresh. I will be staying there again when I'm in the area and would recommend this hotel to everyone who will be traveling in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Microtel-Jasper1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and future guests. I am delighted to read your stay was enjoyable. We really try our best to make every guest feel welcomed., and special. And from your review, it looks like we succeeded. Thank you for your kind words. We hope you will be able to return and stay with us on your next trip to Jasper, GA. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

As usual, the motel personnel are efficient and took care of our needs. We needed a first floor ADA room but one was not available. Made do with a regular room. Husband is blind and unable to walk stairs and will only stay on first floor. It would be nice to have a drive under loading place during rain, etc..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Microtel-Jasper1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts of our hotel with TripAdvisor and future guests. I am delighted that we were able to accommodate your needs. I do agree we should have a covered drive thru. Unfortunately, the property does not have the room for one considering the way the parking lot was built. Thank you for your business and please come back to visit.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly. The hotel is clean. You are greeted by a clean well maintained lot and landscape. The lobby, and rooms were well cared for and had a fresh clean feeling. There is nothing really with in walking distance to get something to eat quickly. It is a clean average place to stay.

The continental breakfast is just that. Sugar cereals, a few breads, bagels, and pastries. There was nothing really fresh or even remotely healthy. Unless you wanted an apple or banana. No skim milk, sugar free or light anything.

My biggest complaint would have to be the entry doors at the front and rear. They have benches to sit on. This is also the smoking area. While loading my gear back on to my bike and making a few trips in and out I had to walk through People standing, and sitting around smoking. Just what I want to smell like all day... YUK. When I asked the folks to smoke away from the entry door they were not pleased. The hotel provides ash trays right at the door ways. I guess that where they want the smokers to do it,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you expressing your opinion of our property in TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel and a friendly staff. I apologize that our continental breakfast did not meet your needs. We do offer fruit, yogurt, oatmeal and 2% milk. Along with the other items you mentioned. Our hotel is 98 % smoke free, guest that would like to smoke are allowed to do so at each entrance. I may consider adding a designated area for smokers away from the building. Thank you for your input and your patronage.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I got to the motel quiet late at night an was traveling alone. The desk clerk gave me a room very close to the front desk so I would feel safer. While there I lost a sibling I had traveled to spend time with. When I checked my voicemail I had a message from the dest clerk stating how sorry she was, that personal touch meant alot to me. Yes I will stay there again!!

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for your quick respond to TripAdvisor, I am deeply sorry about the passing of your sibling. I know how difficult it is to loss a family member, but you know she is in a better place.
"As you comprehend this profound loss, let yourself cry knowing each tear is a note of love rising to the heavens." Gob bless.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Finally, I squeezed in time to get up to the mountains. This was the ideal working weekend. I got to visit a winery, pig out on delicious baked goods & great food, and simply indulged in beautiful scenery. This property is truly a gem. Wonderful service, great location as it was a short drive to Blue Ridge, Ellijay, Morganton, and really close to most of the wineries as well as apple orchards. My visit was soo awesome, I may return next month for my birthday. Thanks Microtel for keeping this spoiled traveler satisfied & continuing your great standards which I've become accustomed to!

Room Tip: All my requests were met. Room 305 was great. She originally had me in 309, which was farther enough...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Microtel-Jasper1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review in TripAdvisor. I am truly delighted you had a wonderful weekend. We enjoy reading positive reviews, and the fact that you had an enjoyable stay makes our jobs rewarding. Please find time next month to come back and visit. We appreciate your comment and your business. Have a great day! And Happy Birthday if we don't get to see you next month.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This hotel was well-kept and clean. Rooms were comfortable. My only complaint is that the walls were thin, so we could hear guests talking and TV noise in the next room. Also, there was a "boom, boom" sound all night. At first I thought someone above us was playing drums, but later decided it must have been water pipes making the sounds. Be prepared to drive a bit for restaurants. Nothing within walking distance. Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Microtel-Jasper1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for a quick respond to TripAdvisor. I am truly sorry about the boom boom you heard. I will have to place a service call to maintenance. Thank you again, and I hope you will consider returning in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jasper
Seventy-four Ranch
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Canton, GA
Days Inn Canton
Days Inn Canton
#2 of 8 in Canton

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper? Share your experiences!