“barking dog”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jasper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
White Lake, Michigan
Reviewed 2 June 2014

carts to move in with low air in tires you can not push or pull very easy. I was there about 2 year ago and it was the same thing .My room was asweet and it was the same as befor it was on the 2 ed floor and at night there was a thumping sound like a aircompressos all night.I tould the last time I was there same thing this time.T he refrigerator was freezing things and the knob was laying on the top rack in side just like the last time.I tould them about all of this befor even on there survery. Now by the microwave there was lots of dust. Then there was fred rice by the cabnet. The room was very dark in the morning That was great .Breakfast was less then continental.The people that worked there was very very very nice. Over all i will not stay there agean .It is not the becase of the employees that i head contact with it is corporate.Sorry but I could not lie .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Microtel-Jasper1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your respond to our TripAdvisor review. I am truly sorry your second time staying with us was not acceptable. The luggage carts get abused every day, and it is a constant wear and tear on the wheels. Our continental breakfast we serve is what Wyndham standards allow. Wyndham is in the process of restructuring the FREE breakfast. Thank you for pointing out the lack of cleanliness in the room. I will need to conduct more routinely room inspections. Again, I am truly sorry. And thank you for your business.
SC
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was our first Microtel stay and it was quite good. We had the handicap accessible room because it was the last one. The room was larger than I expected. Their were 3 pillows for 2 people, 4 would have been nice. The room and bath were very clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was good sized and the tub was equipped with a seat for handicap use. The breakfast was basic with cereal, hot and cold, yogurt, toast, coffee, and juice. All in all this was a very good experience. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I highly recommend this for a quick overnight stay.

Room Tip: We had the handicap accessible room on the 2nd floor and it was fine.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for responding to our review. I am pleased that we were able to met your expectations. I have a hard working team, and we try to accommodate all current and future guests. Per Wyndham standards three pillows per bed is what is allowed. We would have been more than glad to give you an extra pillow. Again, thank you and we hope you return in the future. Have a great day!
Jasper
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The walls were paper thin. The room next to us was party central. Even when they were just talking, we could hear their every word. After two hours we called the front desk hoping they'd so something. After about 30 rings, someone finally answered. They said they'd talk to them, but they never did. (No one ever seemed to actually be at the front desk. Both at check in and check out, there was no one attentive to what was going on.) The pillows were rock hard. Between that and the noise, we slept horribly. The room itself wasn't too bad, but this isn't the place to go if you plan to have a good sleep or decent service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Elizabeth H
Microtel-Jasper1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am truly sorry we failed to met your expectations. Our goal is to make sure every guest has a comfortable stay. I will look into the pillows, and perhaps look to find replacements for more comfort. Thank you for your business, and I hope this incident will not despair you from a future stay.
Maitland, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have stayed at a lot of Hotels from Marriott to Holiday Inn and everything in between. I cannot believe how wonderful my stay at Microtel in Jasper Georgia was. I was greeted by name as I entered the hotel (which has never happened to me before), the staff was so friendly and helpful. I felt like I was their only guest. My room and the whole facility was clean and fresh. I will be staying there again when I'm in the area and would recommend this hotel to everyone who will be traveling in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Microtel-Jasper1, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and future guests. I am delighted to read your stay was enjoyable. We really try our best to make every guest feel welcomed., and special. And from your review, it looks like we succeeded. Thank you for your kind words. We hope you will be able to return and stay with us on your next trip to Jasper, GA. Have a wonderful day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jasper
Best Western Mountain View Inn
Motel 6 Canton
Motel 6 Canton
#3 of 8 in Canton
Hampton Inn Atlanta Canton

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper? Share your experiences!