“Ploughman's Pub has closed.”
Review of Ploughman's Pub - CLOSED

Ploughman's Pub
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Armenian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Sadly I write to say that this wonderful, friendly place has closed. I really miss the good food and friendly staff.

2  Thank jeffersonlady

Reviewed 23 August 2012

The new menu is superb, service was excellent. Very friendly. We had the Club sandwich and chicken tenders, all the food is freshly made. The bacon is smoked in house and the flavor is excellent. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone.

2  Thank Linda G
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My husband ordered the Frankenstein burger and I had the Southern burger. Both of us requested medium-well but they were a bit overcooked even for my liking. The buns and toppings were very good. I ordered mine with fried pickles as the side (I LOVE me some fried pickles) but these tasted like they had been cooked earlier in the day, not that great. We also had the hummus and toast points as an appetizer and those were pretty good.

Neat atmosphere and very good service. We will visit again to try something other than burgers.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

The food is typical but good. The service was wonderful. So happy there is another place to eat in Jefferson.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

I suggested this restaurant to our group and was not overly impressed. We had fried pickles as an appetizer and they were really good, they were fresh, hot, crispy and spicy, that is possibly because we ordered them as an afterthought because it was taking so long for our food to come out. Some of us ordered sandwiches, chicken salad and fried chicken, and was told they came with your choice of one side, and did not know until the bill came out that the side salads were an extra charge; this needs to be added to the menu and until that change can be made, the wait staff needs to inform the customers of the upcharge. The only bread available for sandwiches was a kaiser roll, not even a regular piece of bread, this was very disappointing for those of us who prefer wheat bread and something other than a large dry roll. I had the hand cut fries, which were soggy and another person had the onion rings, which were extremely large, and said they were also soggy and too large, would have preferred them to be smaller and crispier. I had to take the chicken salad out of the roll to eat it and it was pretty good, though a little bland, and the person with the fried chicken sandwich, also had to remove the roll, and said the chicken was very good. I think you should consider serving these items over a bed of lettuce as an alternative to the kaiser roll. We went to the restroom before we left and the floor from the bar area back to the restroom was standing in water and no one bothered to get it up until we asked them to, the floor was extremely slippery. All of this being said, I hope that they take these things into consideration and make some improvements, and if it is still in business in about a month or so, I will try it again.