“Fine Dining, not here”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Athens, GA
“Fine Dining, not here”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I wanted to try something new, My husband wanted a steak, we had not tried this place, and we wish we had not. It was early Dinner and the place was empty, we were seated out front, and there we flies everywhere, the tops of the booth was dusty and decor was cheap, My husband ordered the rib eye, side he wanted mash potatoes was not available so he ordered steamed vegetables, salad was the other side, no bread or rolls were served with meal( why I am not sure).
water was served in mason jars no drink napkins,. I order nachos. The steak was not to standard, better cuts of meat are found at the waffle house. It was over done and fatty, the nachos were cold and the chips were stale and not made on site, I sent them back. When I tried to tell the owner of our experience his response was don't want to and don't care.
We will never go back and I will tell everyone how bad it was.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Ptchandler
Bumper1700, Owner at Jackson's Steakhouse, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
((% of people who come here sure think so! As of Mon., 07/30 - we have a certified 5star chef as GM. Please try us again soon-I promise you will love it!
P

Jefferson, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FILET is the best on the PLANET”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This is the 4th time I have eaten at the restaurant. The staff has always been polite and the bartender is funny! I was impressed with the owner and his staff. Any issue that has come up has been taken care of and I commend them for the great job! They are improving each day and this is going to be a great business for the Jefferson Community!

Visited July 2012
jefferson
“SOIUTHWESTERN BURGER”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

i went to Jackson's today for the first time and I loved it. I did not see the bottom of my glass, cleaned my plate, and just relaxed watching ESPN on two TV's at the same time. I'm going back with a few buddies to check out the bar sometime soon.

1 Thank jeffersonion
Bogart
“Great food !”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Greeted by friendly Hostess, Seated prompty. Service was fast, food hot and really good. Prices reasonable. Plan on returning frequently. .I Would recommend to family and friends.

1 Thank Andrew R
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Quite the turnaround”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I was also in attendance for the "Grand Opening" of Jackson's, and while the food was still solid on that particular night, it took quite some time to arrive and the entire experience was a tad disheveled -- but I think that is to be expected on the first night of service, particularly in that "family and friends" were supposed to be the only ones served, and seemingly every person in the town of Jefferson just sort of showed up and expected to be served. It turned what could have been a manageable experience into total chaos...

That said, I returned today for the first time since the opening, and the atmosphere is greatly improved, there seems to be a general manager in place, and the wait/service staff seemed much more acclimated to their surroundings and jobs than they were at first. The food, which as I said was good on the debut night, was even better this go around. I had a club sandwich, which was incredibly tasty, and mashed potatoes (which were also great, but could have used some gravy!). The prices are extremely good and I would recommend Jackson's to anyone who is in the mood for a nice formal night out that is not hard on the wallet.

By the way, the menus are really awesome. Loved the descriptions of the items!

1 Thank TheFranchise