“Good Southern Buffett Cooking”

The Redd House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jefferson, Georgia
“Good Southern Buffett Cooking”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you are looking for down home southern cooking, this is the place. Lots of food for a good value! Friday nights are great for the Seafood Buffet, widely known in community! When visitors come in from out of town we always take them there! Also you can order from the menu. Cash or check only!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank RotarianRon

Athens, Georgia
“Great Southern, country style buffet”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Been twice so far for the Sunday buffet - neither time disappointed. The food was delicious. First time service was better and we had to find someone to fill our drinks and such today. A busy joint on Sundays in GA but the food is great!! Wish they offered additional dessert choices but the supper is perfect! Will go again and will take my out of state friends for sure.

Loganville, Georgia
“Delicious Fresh country cooking-great find!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My family was in the area house hunting for my son and his family for a new job in Cornelia. It was Sunday lunch time. We had no idea of where to eat as we were not familiar with the area. Using his smart phone my son found this restaurant and we followed our GPS to the address. We thought the GPS was wrong as we were out in the middle of no where...but there the entrance was! We turned in and I knew immediately we had probably hit the jackpot! The parking lot was filled with cars from locals and adjoining counties!
The Sunday lunch buffet was by far probably the best I have ever had especially for the price. All items freshly prepared-Fried chicken, chicken livers, fried green tomatoes, ham, fried catfish, collard greens, candied yams, creamed fresh corn, sliced tomatoes from the garden, green pole beans, cooked cabbage, mac & cheese, salad bar, hush puppies, potato salad, stewed tomatoes and okra...just a few of the highlights. Not to mention the dessert bar with chocolate pie, strawberry shortcake, and fresh peach and cherry cobblers! Drinks included in the price. To die for! Highly recommend!
As others have noted, they only accept cash and personal checks-no credit cards so come prepared.
If you love authentic home cooked country food like grandma used to make, come here and indulge your taste buds! You will not regret it!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Deborah D
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Fabulous country cooking at its best!!!!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Huge buffet with the very best, tastiest country cooking that we loved every bit of. Every imaginable delicious home cooking food, beautifully set out. Tons of people there, but it's very, very efficient, and we were quickly seated and went to the buffet and shortly we were eating like pigs!! Loved it. Hate living so far away. Would go every single week if we lived closer!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Tricia218
Winder, Georgia
“A+”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I went here to celebrate Father's Day a week early because I won on Father's Day. I must say with this being about our fourth or fifth time here the food is as good as the time before. Very consistent. We went on a Saturday which is seafood night but thats just a headliner because the buffet choices are expansive. Some of the choices are fried catfish, smoked ribs, all types of shrimp, gumbo, chicken wings, fried oysters, whiting, tilapia, hush puppies, strawberry shortcake, banana pudding, salad bar, soups, pulled pork, etc...

Once again...Redd House didn't disappoint...Also very attentive staff. My family and I will be coming back very soon.

6 Thank DeputySheriff44