“A little out of the way... but WORTH IT!”

The Redd House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Jefferson
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Found this fabulous family style restaurant on trip advisor while driving on I-85 at 7:30 on a Friday night. Seafood buffet caught our eye. Hoping for good southern fried oysters and catfish as well as vegetables we took the scenic country drive to the restaurant.

The place was large, and clean. We were greeted by friendly staff and seated quickly. In addition to a fabulous buffet that included four bars (one salad, two seafood, one vegetable with chicken and ribs, and one with desserts) you could order off of their menu.

The food was great! They had raw, broiled and fried seafood cooked perfectly - and it was hot! The fried oysters (pictured) were PERFECTION. The coating they use is light and tasty. Wish I had their recipe.

There were four picky seafood eaters at our table and we were all impressed with our meal. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. The sweet tea was sweet but not syrupy. I had banana pudding for dessert. I had no room for it but it looked too delish to pass up. I was right - it was warm and tasted almost as good as my Aunt Sonona's banana pudding. Sorry, she makes the best in the world, but this was a close second.

4  Thank Andi K

Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you are looking for down home southern cooking, this is the place. Lots of food for a good value! Friday nights are great for the Seafood Buffet, widely known in community! When visitors come in from out of town we always take them there! Also you can order from the menu. Cash or check only!

2  Thank RotarianRon
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Been twice so far for the Sunday buffet - neither time disappointed. The food was delicious. First time service was better and we had to find someone to fill our drinks and such today. A busy joint on Sundays in GA but the food is great!! Wish they offered additional dessert choices but the supper is perfect! Will go again and will take my out of state friends for sure.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My family was in the area house hunting for my son and his family for a new job in Cornelia. It was Sunday lunch time. We had no idea of where to eat as we were not familiar with the area. Using his smart phone my son found this restaurant and we followed our GPS to the address. We thought the GPS was wrong as we were out in the middle of no where...but there the entrance was! We turned in and I knew immediately we had probably hit the jackpot! The parking lot was filled with cars from locals and adjoining counties!
The Sunday lunch buffet was by far probably the best I have ever had especially for the price. All items freshly prepared-Fried chicken, chicken livers, fried green tomatoes, ham, fried catfish, collard greens, candied yams, creamed fresh corn, sliced tomatoes from the garden, green pole beans, cooked cabbage, mac & cheese, salad bar, hush puppies, potato salad, stewed tomatoes and okra...just a few of the highlights. Not to mention the dessert bar with chocolate pie, strawberry shortcake, and fresh peach and cherry cobblers! Drinks included in the price. To die for! Highly recommend!
As others have noted, they only accept cash and personal checks-no credit cards so come prepared.
If you love authentic home cooked country food like grandma used to make, come here and indulge your taste buds! You will not regret it!

1  Thank Deborah D
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Huge buffet with the very best, tastiest country cooking that we loved every bit of. Every imaginable delicious home cooking food, beautifully set out. Tons of people there, but it's very, very efficient, and we were quickly seated and went to the buffet and shortly we were eating like pigs!! Loved it. Hate living so far away. Would go every single week if we lived closer!

2  Thank Tricia218