Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center
US$319
US$287
  • Pool
Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island(Jekyll Island)(Great Value!)
US$296
Quality Inn & Suites(Jekyll Island)
US$207
US$180
QualityInn
US$244
US$223
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island(Jekyll Island)(Great Value!)
US$306
TripAdvisor
US$194
Travelocity
Ocean Lodge(Saint Simons Island)
US$295
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Beachview Club(Jekyll Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbedroom villadriftwood beachdriftwood bistrohigh tidefull kitchenthree bedroomonsite restaurantbeach accessfamily reunionisland sideocean frontbit datedhistoric districtbike rentalsnice pooloff seasonunits
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here for the weekend just to get away for a couple of days. To stay here in a 3 bedroom villa was pretty expensive for the weekend, but that's about any place near the beach in the summer time. We arrived earlier than expected, so we decided to see if it was possible to go ahead and check in. The lady at the front desk told us our room wasn't ready, but she would call us when they finished. We decided to take a walk to Driftwood Beach while we waited for the call. 30 minutes later she called and we went ahead and got checked in. The villa was extremely clean and well put together. They supplied all plates, silverware, paper towels, etc. The only complaint I had the whole time we were there was their pillows. I asked the front desk for two more pillows and they told me the housekeeping would bring them up. By the end of the day, nobody bothered to bring any up and when I went back to check the lady said there was nothing she could do about it.

Overall, this place is very nice. This is not a beach that you can lay out on for hours. The beach has hide tides 80% of the time. I would definitely check out Driftwood Beach. It's a amazing place for weddings and photography lovers. I would also recommend trying McCormick's Grill on Jekyll Island as well for breakfast. Their biscuit and gravy is amazing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kayla H
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were at the Villas for three days for a wedding. The accommodations were very comfortable and very close to the ocean boardwalk. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the Driftwood Bistro is a great place to eat. The wedding ceremony was on the beach among the large driftwood trees. A spectacular setting. The beautiful sunrises and long walks on the beach are great for finding shells. There are a multiple of activities, indoor as well as outdoors for all ages to engage in.The Sea Turtle Center is a definite place to stop.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 10 June 2014

As our children (four) were growing up, we spent several summer vacations at Jekyll Island on the Georgia coast. Our daughter had really fond memories of those times (her first steps were taken at the Villas) and wanted her 11 year old daughter to experience Jekyll. We secretly made plans weeks ahead to surprise her. Not having been to the Villas in several years, we were pleasantly surprised at all the up-grades. Our two bedroom villa was clean and nicely furnished and supplied. The staff was very helpful and courteous. At check-in we requested a rollaway bed for Cosette and it was at our door before we had unloaded our car. Our Villa overlooked the really shaded pool and we only had to walk 100 yards to the boardwalk and beach. It was wonderful to watch our granddaughter make memories of Jekyll like her Mom had done as a child. She may not remember the good food and the comfortable room, but I hope she will remember: walks to Driftwood Beach, playing in the ocean, seeing 4ft sharks in shallow water, learning not to feed the "almost tame squirrels" (finger bitten), and playing volleyball with Poppa. She even seemed to enjoy, for a while, touring Historic District with 100 year old "cottages" owned by Vanderbilt, Pulitzer, Crane, Rockefeller, du Pont, and more. Jekyll Island is quiet, uncrowded, and beautiful. And in my opinion, The Villas is the place to stay!
There are more things than beach: three golf courses, three picnic areas, fishing pier, paved bicycle trail that circles the island, marina, water park, Turtle Rehabilitation Center and more!

Room Tip: Island side rooms are only a few yards farther from the beach access and cost a little less than ocean-side rooms. Ocean side rooms offer views of the oceans only from 2nd floors because of the trees and dunes. Pool-side rooms are great if traveling with young people and children.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank baileespoppa
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was at the Villas for three days and loved every minute of it. I didn't turn on tv, I just enjoyed my surroundings. It was clean, the staff was friendly and very helpful. There was plenty of things to do, especially if you like outdoor activities. I didn't know there was a spa, I will try that the next time I visit. There will be a next time!

Room Tip: I was in the Morgan building steps away from the beach. Beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JP8311
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Villa by the Sea was a great place to stay! Good restaurant on site, great walking piers to the beach, dog friendly (beware of ticks on Jekyll though), beautiful pool (wish it had more sun).

Upon arrival at 430pm our room was not cleaned so we waited until about 530pm to go into our room. The room was clean but small (perfect for my husband, myself and our dog).

The beach is not accessible here at least 6 hours out of the day, so we traveled a couple of miles to the public beach and it was no problem. Driftwood Beach is at the north end of the hotel which is awesome.

Villas by the Sea is perfectly placed- a few miles from everything! Excellent restaurant on site. If you have a pet, the maid service will not come to your room so be prepared to sweep and change out linens. Mid-week we called and asked for new linens and they brought them to our door within 10 minutes, the staff was great. There's a tiny breakfast/lunch/gift shop area in the main lobby that's good for your morning coffee or sandwich.

Lots of wildlife!

Room Tip: Most rooms do not have an ocean view, if you want to view water make sure to get one over the pool (though the pool can be loud during the day if kids are there). We stayed in Villa 476 and could hear the ocean and had a view of a beautiful natural tree line. The boardwalks to the beach are all very accessible from every room. Beautiful landscaping. The one bedrooms are kind of tiny.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple