“Great Resort to Visit!”

Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Jekyll Island
“Great Resort to Visit!”
Reviewed 2 June 2006

My family and I recently stayed at the Villas by the Sea over the Memorial Weekend Holiday and loved it! Although the resort and Island seemed busy, we did not feel like we were crowded on the beach or at the pool. Our condo was larger than I had expected and stocked with more cooking supplies than other condos we have stay at on Amelia Island. I highly recommend this place and would return again. My wife and I really enjoyed sitting and relaxing at their ocean front gazebo in the evenings while we were there.

• Stayed May 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Smyrna, GA
Reviewed 30 May 2006

Initial impressions were good. However, we had roaches show up the first night. Then, the roaches showed up in the upstairs rooms, even on the bed. Housekeeping staff came around knocking and entering the condos on the morning of checkout 2 hours before the checkout time. No manager was on duty at all on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. The manager on duty Monday was only the "On Duty Manager". The general manager or anyone else with decision making abilities was gone for the entire weekend. The staff responsiveness was poor and there was not a single apology. The only response we received was that we had already gotten a discounted rate and that the general manager would be back on Wednesday. We will never stay here again and I will be advising everyone I know to avoid this place as well. We were very disappointed.

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank GRGT96
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2006

Villas by the Seas handled a golf outing for 32 players flawlessly, from check-in to check-out. The facility sits on a prime piece of waterfront real estate on Jekyll Island and the newly renovated rooms are a pleasure to stay in. Staff is friendly and eager to help which contributed to a perfect weekend.

Highly recommended!

6 Thank IronmanGolf
Reviewed 12 May 2006

I attended an annual conference at the Villas by the Sea in April and once again I was impressed! I attend meetings and events all over and no other hotel has ever made me feel as comfortable as the Villas by the Sea. Each time I have stayed at the Villas by the Sea, which has been 3 times now, I have been greeted with smiles upon arrival and have always been impressed with my room which has always been different each trip. I look forward to my trips to the Villas by the Sea and wish more hotels were as nice.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 April 2006

We attended a Spring Conference at Villas By The Sea and we were all VERY pleased with everything!!! The Villas (more like condos), were all very nicely decorated and clean, it was nice because we could share a villa (we had a two bedroom) and yet, did not feel as though our privacy was diminished in any way. The meeting rooms were great and worked very well for our agenda, and the food was delicious as well. What a lovely place to 'get away' from the hustle and bustle of where meetings are usually held, (Atlanta) - no traffic to fight, and people are so friendly and the atmosphere is relaxing. We really felt as though what we gained from the conference was so much more than if we had been in a large city and had to worry with parking, traffic, whether or not the hotel we got would be close to the meeting site, etc. We will definitely use Villas By The Sea again for future meetings or even retreats, and on a personal note - I will be back for a family getaway as well! Very nice indeed.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 27 March 2006

My husband brought me here for my Birthday weekend. It was a surprise, and boy what a surprise. The Villas by the Sea is an absolutely georgous place. The oceanview from our Villa was magnificent with a beautiful morning sunrise. The grounds are well maintained and very tropical. The staff was very warm and friendly. Our villa was very romantic and cozy. We will be back for many years to come. Love it!!!!!

Stayed February 2006
11 Thank 151GMC
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 23 March 2006

I was at the Villas by the sea for a conference and was amazed at how different and great the hotel was compared to others. Just by driving past other island hotels to get to the Villas, I could tell a difference. I hope that the conference I attended will be conducted at the Villas on Jekyll Island next year which I am sure it will be. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!!!

• Stayed February 2006, travelled on business