Considering Jekyll Island is a small island with few hotels to choose from, this hotel was a good choice for us. We had never visited this area before and were just looking for a few days to relax on the beach. We would have loved to stay at the Jekyll Island Club, but after visiting there for dinner one night, I'm happy we chose the Hampton.
Hotel - The hotel itself is kept VERY clean. I think the vacuum is running throughout the day, and you can always smell some kind of cleaner in the lobby area mid afternoon. That's always reassuring to me, I don't know about the rest of you. There is a hotel bar that is open from 11-11 everyday. They serve drinks and bar food, nothing fancy, but I was happy we didn't have to go off property for a quick lunch. Also, the bartender Rob is awesome! He was offering some good tips where to go and what to do and where to eat. Very nice guy!
Yes, breakfast is complimentary every day. They had a wide variety of things to eat from cereal to oatmeal to waffles. If you want to find a table, you should probably go on the earlier side... between 8-10am it turns into something similar to camp. People are crazy when it comes to free food and jockeying for position at tables. Crazy.
Beach - We love the beach. This beach is huge. It's not clear water, but it's calm and comfortable and you can swim in it without a problem. there did seem to be a jelly fish problem one day, but there's nothing you can do about that. I was a little disappointed to have to pay a rental fee for the lounge chairs and umbrella ($10/day per item). For locals who are driving to this spot, you can always bring your own beach supplies, but since we flew in that was not an expense we were expecting. It's not a long walk from the hotel, but I guess if you had to schlep all your stuff every day in that heat, it's a pain.
Pool - We are not really pool people, but we do like to go into the pool after a day at the beach. However, there were so many kids in the pool and it's not that big, we didn't go in.
It looks like they are building a Westin down the road, so there will be a lot more to choose from on Jekyll Island. This spot is great for families and a quick getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's tempting to spend your days at the Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island on the unspoiled beaches that line the perimeter of the tiny island paradise. However, don't miss out on learning more about the colorful story of the Jekyll Island Club on a guided tour of the history-rich mansion-size cottages that have drawn visitors to this locale for more than a century. Once a retreat for America's elite families, you can add your name to the likes of the Rockefellers, Carnegies and Morgans and join the friendly team at our hotel on Jekyll Island for a truly unique American experience. Don't forget your golf clubs. Jekyll Island isn't considered Georgia's premier golf destination for nothing. Pine Lakes Golf Course features "family-friendly" tee boxes for truly evenly-matched play. Indian Mound sprawls through some of the island's most scenic landscape and the local favorite, Oleander, follows Jekyll Island's inland lakes and pine forests, creating challenging holes and rewarding views. The history, the beaches, the golf - you'll find a golden getaway on Georgia's Golden Isle. Our hotel features Lobby Bar, Extended Pool Terrace with Kids Pool, Zero Entry Main Pool, and on deck fire pit; Bike Rentals are available on site. Take a 100yd stroll thru the Maritime Forrest and discover Jekyll Island's beautiful South Beach area. For weddings, reunions or family vacations, we have what you need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island Hotel Jekyll Island
- Hampton Inn And Suites Jekyll Island
- Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island Georgia