This historic hotel/resort is a place that time forgot. You can easily imagine the regular visitors from the late 1800's playing croquet in all-whites on the front lawn which is still an amenity today. Our stay was in San Souci building built in 1896 with a very large bedroom, with working fireplace, bath and private back porch overlooking the manicured lawns. There is an old world ambience here amidst the historic buildings, beautiful serene surroundings all guarded by huge live oaks dripping with Spanish moss. They have bike rental, a swimming pool, and a designated hotel area on the beach (accessible by a short car ride or by bicycle). Or just relax on the grounds while reading a book borrowed from the library. The large dining room is beautiful and the breakfast buffet plentiful or choose one of the other smaller restaurants on the property. We were surprised to experience a fireworks display on our last night right over the lawn in front of our building. There are about 10 small gift shops on the property also. What a relaxing stay with tons of Southern charm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gracious Jekyll Island Georgia accommodations set the stage for your landmark experience. The resort presents 157 rooms and suites in five historic settings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Jekyll Island Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jekyll Island Hotel
- Jekyll Island Club Hotel Jekyll Island
- Jekyll Island Club Resort Georgia