Mid-March is a lovely time to visit the coast of Georgia: warm days, cool nights and no humidity. We had heard great reports of Jekyll Island Club Hotel. It consists of several properties in the center of the historic district. Millionaires from the Gilded Age built the original hotel and cottages. Many have been lovingly restored and several are used for accommodations and restaurants. Fortunately we were given a room with a balcony/porch that I requested. It was in the Sans Souci Cottage, formerly apartment building units. It featured a large room with a king size bed, four arm chairs, a fireplace, a Jacuzzi and a porch complete with two rocking chairs facing west and the setting sun. What to do? Here are some ‘must dos’: a museum depicts the island’s history and a 90-minute tram tour of the historic district includes entry to two renovated cottages. Walking and biking trails crisscross the island. There’s a pristine public beach on the Atlantic side. One night we had dinner in the Crane Cottage courtyard loggia. Very romantic. Spend a few days here and you won’t be disappointed!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gracious Jekyll Island Georgia accommodations set the stage for your landmark experience. The resort presents 157 rooms and suites in five historic settings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ctrip TA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Jekyll Island Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jekyll Island Hotel
- Jekyll Island Club Hotel Jekyll Island
- Jekyll Island Club Resort Georgia