We had always wanted to see this hotel. From the website, it looks as if it has Old World charm and elegance. I guess the most disappointing thing is that it could have that, given an infusion of money and a major update. The property is beautiful from the outside, but the rooms (which are not cheap) are small and poorly furnished; the mattress in our room was soft and lumpy; the bed linens were not good quality; and the bathroom was outdated by years. There was a conference going on while we were there, and people had brought their families, which meant there were small children everywhere, and the atmosphere was more camp-like than elegant. For us, it was worth the visit to see the buildings and grounds and to learn the history of the Club. But it is certainly not a typical resort property. If you're planning to go, lower your expectations first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gracious Jekyll Island Georgia accommodations set the stage for your landmark experience. The resort presents 157 rooms and suites in five historic settings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Jekyll Island Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jekyll Island Hotel
- Jekyll Island Club Hotel Jekyll Island
- Jekyll Island Club Resort Georgia