My husband (a self-professed "average Joe") was initially intimidated when we pulled up and there were people on the front lawn dressed all in white playing croquet. Thank goodness for our valet, who must have sensed that my husband was uneasy, because he immediately made both of us feel welcome. You would have thought his only job was to make our stay a great one - which he definitely accomplished. He showed us around the property, provided us with "things to do" ideas, and gave us great dining suggestions.
Our room rate included free valet and free breakfast in the dining room. That, plus the charming room and the excellent service from everyone on property, made it worth what we paid.
One precaution - we were by far the youngest people there (We're in our late 40's). It is a lovely place to relax, but don't go looking for a wild time. Definitely bring a white outfit, because croquet actually looks like fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gracious Jekyll Island Georgia accommodations set the stage for your landmark experience. The resort presents 157 rooms and suites in five historic settings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Jekyll Island Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jekyll Island Hotel
- Jekyll Island Club Hotel Jekyll Island
- Jekyll Island Club Resort Georgia