“THE BEST EXPERIENCE!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Jekyll Island
florida
“THE BEST EXPERIENCE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2009

I have never felt compeled to write about something so strongly as this! My husband and I returned today from a 4 day, 3 night stay at the JIH. From the moment we arrived, we were treated by Jose the valet. He was polite, efficient and funny! Once inside we asked if we could possibly upgrade at no charge, that gal behind the guest said she would see what she could do. I had told her it was our 33rd Wedding Anniversary and that our daughter was planning her wedding at this venue in October. OH MY! We stayed in the Annex and we had a king suite. It was HUGE!!! Beautifully decorated and what a lovely view of the crochet area and looking over at the river. The service was so friendly. Absolutely friendly and it was sincere. The staff talked to you and cared that you were happy. Jose helped me on my bike rental and was pleasant and quite a character. Cris is the main dining room was so accommodating and the staff loves to talk about the history of this amazing hotel. The pool and pool bar area was great. Mac served the best cheeseburgers and great cocktails. This we considered a very good deal and the service was great. We are so excited to return in October for this wedding and I would highly recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway, great for families, reunions, and of course a wedding! The scenery is so georgeous. The grandeur of this hotel is breathtaking. The only negative is your cell phone service is poor. Great golf, all the little stores on the property - everyone is so friendly. The trolly tour is a must! I do not like the beaches really, a little more muddy than I am use to. This is a very quiet and subdued place to decompress.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank teacherd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
washington, dc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel for the long 4th of July weekend. The hotel was exactly what we were looking for--relaxing and convenient. We enjoyed St. Simons Island (massages at Studio 412) and a delicious dinner at Cargo Portside Grill. The hotel's beach pavilion was perfect (restrooms, snack bar, shuttle to and from the hotel) and the beach fireworks were a treat. We'd definitely go back again!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2009

My trip to the Jekyll Island Club was incredible. I have never stayed at such a beautiful hotel with such a variety of amenities. The staff went above and beyond the call of duty. The food was amazing, and the grounds were beautiful. My sister also had her weddingat the club. The staff went oout of its way to make it a very beautiful and special event. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank travllover3
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2009

This resort was such a great find! We had booked a room on the beach and it was NOT clean enough to stay. We decided we didn't like the looks of any of the hotels, so we were going to head rather south. It was getting late, so I decided to call the Jekyll Resort and they were so nice and welcoming. We were sorry how the beginning of our trip started on the island,but, we are so glad we stayed here. One night turned into two. Do yourself a favor and rent the bikes. The breakfast was great and the restaurant beside the resort was great. I can't wait to go back...a very QUIET stay!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Buffalo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2009

This idyllic resort left an indelible mark on me. I will never forget it, because it oooooooooozes history and when you are sleeping you feel like you are slleping with JP MorganChase or Norman Rockwellfeller or other very important financial moguls.

Jekyll Island is a man-made island created by big bankers hundreds of years ago and its where the Federal Reserve was born. There were slaves on the island and you can still visit their quarters.

The hotel itself is CLASSIE! The service was outstanding and the food made me feel like royalty. I would like to thank the staff helping me when i was in a bad mood. I took it out on them and they didnt judge me, they just listened, and when it was over i called my stepfather to apologize for something gross i had done.

Do you people enjoy oak and other classy things? Then get your keesters down to man-made Jekyll Island for some poached fish. I am told there is a roller coaster somewhere on the island but i never saw it, so dont worry if you are afraid of coasters.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank JohnnyCFerraro
Kaiserslautern, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2009

Gorgeous, stunningly beautiful grounds and architecture. We stayed in Crane Cottage in a one-bedroom suite. The bedroom and living area were very large, with french doors opening into the courtyard and out into the Garden. Very comfortable bed, jetted bathtub. Everything was in great condition.

We had a 2-year-old with us, and it was kid friendly except for dining. There is no indoor dining on the property that is kid friendly. Dining was overall a little limited considering the price of the rooms and the size of the estate. My only other real complaint was that internet access and cell coverage is spotty. Some parts of the property have no cell coverage and our room had no internet access, but there were a couple of places on the property with free wifi.

Despite these inconveniences, we still loved it. One of the best hotel rooms I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank SWHighlander
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2009

My husband (a self-professed "average Joe") was initially intimidated when we pulled up and there were people on the front lawn dressed all in white playing croquet. Thank goodness for our valet, who must have sensed that my husband was uneasy, because he immediately made both of us feel welcome. You would have thought his only job was to make our stay a great one - which he definitely accomplished. He showed us around the property, provided us with "things to do" ideas, and gave us great dining suggestions.

Our room rate included free valet and free breakfast in the dining room. That, plus the charming room and the excellent service from everyone on property, made it worth what we paid.

One precaution - we were by far the youngest people there (We're in our late 40's). It is a lovely place to relax, but don't go looking for a wild time. Definitely bring a white outfit, because croquet actually looks like fun!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Days Inn & Suites Jekyll Island
The Cloister at Sea Island
The Cloister at Sea Island
#1 of 1 in Sea Island

Been to Jekyll Island Club Hotel? Share your experiences!