It feels like something out of an Agatha Christie novel - delightful buildings and lovely room although too hot to enjoy enclosed veranda. We very much enjoyed dinner in the dining room with attentive staff and they did not impose the jacket rule (travelling from England jacket not part of husbands luggage) - pants and shirt with collar absolutely fine. Complimentary champagne in room as we were on honeymoon. Spent a day at the beach (hotel has its own beach hut where you can get chairs and brollies and snacks). There is only one thing wrong with this hotel and that, frankly is some of the other guests. We had been travelling through Georgia and the Carolinas for over 3 weeks on honeymoon and found the people delightful. The Jekyll Island club seems to attract an elderly "old money" class of person and our natural instinct to smile and be friendly to all was met with cold glares and hostility on so many occasions it stopped being funny. I appreciate that in its day the Island was an exclusive playground but feel our manners are good enough for anywhere. If the generations above feel that the quality of guest does not meet their standards then perhaps they should find somewhere else to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Rated among the top 500 resorts in the world by Travel & Leisure, the Jekyll Island Club offers superb resort accommodations, outstanding service, and an unforgettable landmark experience. The Jekyll Island Club Resort is the perfect destination for a Georgia beach vacation, a romantic getaway or family vacation. The resort offers truly exceptional dining choices ranging from the elegant Grand Dining Room to casual fare at The Wharf, Pool House and the bakery-delicatessen The Pantry. Nine miles of beach, bicycling, 63 holes of golf, tennis, historic tours, horseback riding, and much more ensure that there is something for everyone to enjoy. This historic hotel was originally built in 1886 as a hunting retreat for America’s wealthy elite including J.P. Morgan, William Rockefeller, Joseph Pulitzer, as well as the Vanderbilts, Goulds and Astors. Restored to its original splendor in 1986, it is now a National Historic Landmark and a member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jekyll Island Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jekyll Island Hotel
- Jekyll Island Club Hotel Jekyll Island
- Jekyll Island Club Resort Georgia