“It's not what they say it is”
Review of The Beachview Club

The Beachview Club
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Jekyll Island
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a family vacation with my wife and two children and my parents. We RESERVED two suite rooms on the second floor with an ocean view. We called called two times after making the reservations to make sure that we were all set with two rooms on the second floor overlooking the ocean. The last time we called was one week before we arrived at the hotel. When arriving on Saturday the 12th of April we were notified that one of our rooms had been moved to the first floor. The first floor was NOT a suite. Nore was it the room we had RESERVED! Now, someone please tell me, what is the point of reservations when the hotel manager will just change them when they feel fit. What kind of business is that? We were told by the receptionist the manager wanted to accommodate another guest. Now wait a minute, "accommodate another guest"? What about MY REAERVATIONS? That's why I called, to RESERVE my rooms! I could probably tell you what happened. Another guest called and wanted a suite for a week and we got moved because we were only staying a few days. There is more money to be made if you have a guest stay for a week. Unfortunately, that's not how it should be done. We RESERVED two suites first, you DO NOT just change our accommodations because we are not staying as long as someone who reserved AFTER we did. Why wouldn't the manager call and tell us before we checked in? It wouldn't have mattered we would have been upset about it regardless. The more I think about this the more upset I am about it. Very unprofessional of a company to do this to a customer. If you ask 10 people of they would be happy about this they would say NO! The hotel acted as if it were no big deal. We RESERVED a room and ended up not getting the room, WHAT WAS THE POINT OF US RESERVING ROOMS? I wouldn't feel good about myself if I was apart of this company. I hope this isn't how they always treat their guests.

8  Thank Bkebschull

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here this week for Spring break & thoroughly enjoyed everything about this place. Again there are only 38 rooms so it is very quiet which is what we wanted. There are just two floors but no elevator &I didn't realize this when I made my reservations but as soon as we asked for a ground floor they graciously obliged, even volunteered to move everything for us. The desk clerk was the greatest! Our first day here we left for the day & forgot the staff would be coming to clean so I didn't put any of my jewelry away & let me say nothing was touched. These ladies we really appreciated. Clean towels replaced daily. the mini kitchen was well stocked, coffeemaker, small refrig., microwave, toaster, dishes & flatware. Bed was very comfortable. The court yard and grounds are gorgeous, beautiful live oaks create a canopy over the entire area. More channels than usual on TV. Newspaper delivered to door every morning, that was an added bonus. The only negative is the pesky little sand gnats that bite, don't forget the repellant, cost $8 at the local store. Don't hesitate to stay here, made our reservations several mos. in advance and got real good rates. LOVE THIS PLACE will definitely come again

2  Thank pharca
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This is not a fancy new place but it is charming, clean, and the grounds are beautiful. There are lots of rooms with patios and balconies. The place is on the beach, there is a nice pool. The staff is great. It is very reasonable for Jekyl Island.

2  Thank marieds
Reviewed 6 April 2014

First of all I want to say I fell in love with Jekyll Island from the first moment. I loved the smell, the breeze, the history, and the land of the Island. The hotel is slightly dated, but between the warmth of the staff and the beautiful grounds, they made up for it. The beautiful azaleas were in full bloom, the stunning trees, and of course the blue sea background was like a dream. My mom traveled with us and she spent most of her time on the swing overlooking the sea and under the hovering tress. They made her trip. There are nicer hotels of course on the Island but the atmosphere can not be beat at this hotel!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fonda B
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Right by the beach! Very peaceful and nice outside with pretty landscaping. There were dead jellyfish on the section of the beach we walked on, unfortunately. The room was dated, but clean and comfortable nonetheless, with a flat screen tv, mini fridge, plates, cutlery, cups, and microwave. It would've been nice to have shower caddies or some kind of shelving in the showers to sit things on other than the floor. Sarah was very helpful in finding a room for us overlooking the courtyard and ocean, thanks! There was a very noisy group of guests in the room next to us, but they helped take care of it after we called the front desk. Also, you get 2 bike rentals with your stay!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Went for a soccer tournament. This property needs to be completely remodeled. Needs paint, new carpet, and updates in the last 2 decades. Bathroom were probably original. Overall bleh. Biggest positive was cold a/c.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SoccerFamily824
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Took a detour on our way home and discovered this awesome place. Greeted by Rose at the front desk. I asked her how she was and she replied, If I was any better I could not stand myself lol. Rooms were great, the property was gorgeous. The Island is amazing. Bring your bike.

Room Tip: Get a suite with a balcony facing the ocean