We had a family vacation with my wife and two children and my parents. We RESERVED two suite rooms on the second floor with an ocean view. We called called two times after making the reservations to make sure that we were all set with two rooms on the second floor overlooking the ocean. The last time we called was one week before we arrived at the hotel. When arriving on Saturday the 12th of April we were notified that one of our rooms had been moved to the first floor. The first floor was NOT a suite. Nore was it the room we had RESERVED! Now, someone please tell me, what is the point of reservations when the hotel manager will just change them when they feel fit. What kind of business is that? We were told by the receptionist the manager wanted to accommodate another guest. Now wait a minute, "accommodate another guest"? What about MY REAERVATIONS? That's why I called, to RESERVE my rooms! I could probably tell you what happened. Another guest called and wanted a suite for a week and we got moved because we were only staying a few days. There is more money to be made if you have a guest stay for a week. Unfortunately, that's not how it should be done. We RESERVED two suites first, you DO NOT just change our accommodations because we are not staying as long as someone who reserved AFTER we did. Why wouldn't the manager call and tell us before we checked in? It wouldn't have mattered we would have been upset about it regardless. The more I think about this the more upset I am about it. Very unprofessional of a company to do this to a customer. If you ask 10 people of they would be happy about this they would say NO! The hotel acted as if it were no big deal. We RESERVED a room and ended up not getting the room, WHAT WAS THE POINT OF US RESERVING ROOMS? I wouldn't feel good about myself if I was apart of this company. I hope this isn't how they always treat their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Beachview Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Beachview Club Hotel Jekyll Island
- Beachview Hotel Jekyll Island
- The Beachview Hotel
- The Beachview Club Jekyll Island, Georgia