“A great summer getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jekyll Island
Jekyll Island Campground
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The campground is very nice, has tons of spaces and can tell you it would be very closed spaced if everyone was occupied. WE had a wonderful stay, I had a problem with the cable, they fixed it immediately. The staff and owner were very friendly!
The only downside...the mosquitoes, it obviously is not there fault but the amount of trees and dense forest it is expected! We put on listerine and some natural repellant and we were fine, but they are rapid. Bicycle rental is a bit expensive probably would not do that again, but had an awesome time and definitely would come back.
I was worried the first day that we pulled in because one hour later we got a notice about not having our card on the sign post. I just think it was an elderly camp host who was a bit impetuous. Didn't have any other problems after that.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank apieceofcake

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here, and other than not being able to check in a little early, it was a good trip. It is July, so it was hot, but me and quite a few other campers built fires anyway. Across the from the campground is the road to the fishing pier. The bike trails on the island are the best, paved and level. The campground has a Bird Sanctuary that's very nice, with lots of squirrels, birds!
Nice campground, just don't try to check in before 2:00 pm

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank wayne1961
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We have waited a long time to come here & traveled from PA to visit. Pulling on to the island the first thing you notice is the trees, big beautiful oaks with Spanish moss hanging down. The roads thru the campground are the same. Even in sites where you have full hook up it still feels as if you are in the deep woods.
We stayed in site B 13. The site was on the end of the lane & very spacious. We were right across from the bathrooms. The whole campground is very quiet. Not many people out & about after dark. And this is the reason for only 4 stars...MOSQUITOS!!! It was outrageous how much we got bit. Our bodies are covered with bites! You need to have lots of bug spray to stay here.
The bathrooms were a bit outdated but I found then to be clean & water pressure was great. We had a problem with our camper & needed a ladder to check the roof & one of the staff brought one to our site for us to use. Didn't deal to much with other staff. The camp store was small & didn't carry eggs!?! Bike trails thru out the island & a nice park right across the road. We rented a cart from Red Bug Moters & cruised the island. Most places close at 5 but it was nice to ride around & see the deer roaming around. Beautiful place to visit!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank annod220
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This campground is very packed and the grounds are extremely muddy and nasty. We were also very upset to find out that you had to pay a parking ticket to get on island even though you were camping. This would have be nice to know in advance. Its not your normal friendly campground. Think i will stay in SC for all my camping trips after this one!!! On a positive note the Seajay restaurant was amazing!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank KCHGCH
Reviewed 9 July 2014

There are no other camping options on this island for RVs and you are stuck with a dated and cramped campground. That is too bad as the island has so much to offer. Unfortunately, the daily charge is 50% more compared to Crooked River, where we stayed before. Why is not all that money going into remodeling?

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Talaria_Sky
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Booked the last primitive tent site for the 4th of July weekend, so going into this stay, we knew it would be packed. We had I-9, which had a lot of privacy in comparison to most of the other sites, and we appreciated that a lot. The website advertises free wi-fi, but when my SIL talked to a staff member, we were told our spot was close enough to Section H, that we could pick up their wifi. I understand we were "primitive camping", but at least advertise it correctly on the site that it's for RV sites only.
The campground store is a great place to pick up forgotten items! We bought ice throughout our stay, along with other items.
Unfortunately, we did not have a good experience with staff throughout the weekend. The first night at check-in, the lady did not welcome us, but questioned us having a parking ticket, to which my husband and I repeatedly told her our other party who already arrived, had in her possession. When visiting the campground store, I was made to feel like I was interrupting the conversation the 3 ladies were having behind the counter. Then the lady who cleaned the bathrooms complained to my SIL and I about having to mop up.The next morning while I was in the bathroom shower with a child who had had an accident, the cleaning lady showed up 10 min early and sternly told me the showers were closed-even though the paperwork we were given stated 7am. It would've been nice if she'd given me more time to clean my toddler off, given the situation. On a saturday night, the paper towel dispensers were empty-and were still empty the next morning at 6:30am (I understand these might be outside the hours for cleaning, but with a full park, she should've checked their levels to anticipate when they needed replacing). There's no drains in the floor outside of the shower stalls, so there's constantly dirty standing water outside of each shower. Neither bathhouses contain handicap accessible stalls nor showers. Had to watch a mother finagle her handicap child up the step INTO the bathroom, and then somehow into a shower stall. In this day and age, I would expect businesses to have handicap accessible bathrooms as I know it is required by law in hotels. Plus side is, there was always hot water! Since the establishment already knew they would be sold out that weekend, they should have anticipated better maintenance over the grounds.
Next, it rained for a couple of hours the 2nd day we were there. One of our tents flooded and had 1-2inches of standing water. Quite a few other tents were flooded as well. Had to cancel our evening plans to hang out in the laundromat, drying our bedding. Positive note, that the dryers worked really well!! and were in-expensive. The guest community room needs an update.
We picked a number of ticks off ourselves, even though we'd been spraying and wiping constantly with Off! spray every couple of hours. Mosquitoes were relentless if our spray was wearing off. But, it's nature, and that was expected to run into those problems.
It's close to a lot of things in driving distance. Would have loved to take advantage of the bike rentals, but our kids are still too small for that.
Overall, I can't say we will be back to this campground. I would love to visit the island again, but I rather pay for a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank mysunshine522
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nites . The park was all dirt roads , LOTS of trees ! We had no problem
With our p/ t (h-15) but some sites looked tight . Used our own shower etc , but checked them out , a bit dated & dirty .
Did not use Laundry .
Staff was ok not overly friendly at checkin . Packed rv s in pretty tight ! Perfect for family's w kids ! Fishing pier ,beach , lots if bike paths.

• Stayed: June 2014