“THE BOSS”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jekyll Island
Jekyll Island Campground
Reviewed 23 July 2010

our stay was ok only because we were with all our family our two sites were great racoons not so great the store charged four dollars for a loaf of bread no one was nice execpt one person tom was great "the boss" as he called himself has no customer curtsey at all the restrooms were nasty this was our third and by far our worst visit and wont be back mainly because of the staff . this campground could be awesome with new staff mainley a new boss hang in there tom.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank flatshoal

Reviewed 19 July 2010

I knew ahead of time that the sites were close together but I didn't realize that picnic tables were located inches from other campers drain pipes! Also not happy with the "no clothesline" rule. Between swimming twice a day, showering, and a few rainstorms, we had wet, stinky towels round the clock and no where to dry them other than the pay dryers. One more note is that I think it's tacky to have long term storage sites surrounding the campground, especially when they are given much prettier sites than the campers.
On the plus side the shade trees are wonderful and the campground was suprisingly quiet. If you are a tent camper - the tent sites were beautiful, spacious, private.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank KristenL_10
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We almost didn't stay here becasue of some of the negative reviews of this park.
We are glad we did.
it is a very family friendly park, lots of kids riding bikes. They also go around with a water truck to spray the roads to help keep the dust down.
The park is crowded, but pleasant, and completed shaded with fantastic trees.
My Grand Daughters said they want to go back again..
As far as the park staff being rude.... we saw nothing like that..

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2010

The setting is beautiful with large trees. There is a bird sanctuary that is very nice and peaceful with a bench to sit and watch the birds. The sites are roomy compared to Myrtle Beach. The downside to this campground is that there is no playground for the little ones and the bathhouses could be maintained better (3 bars of soap on the floor of the shower for 2 days). We didn't mind driving to the beach and the beaches are not crowded which is a plus. It is very relaxing and I did enjoy our stay overall.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2010

My husband and I took our new dog camping at Jekyll Island Campground. Other than the snooty girl at the front desk, the experience was mostly pleasurable and relaxing. We love primitive camping, so I'm not one to judge amenities such as toilets and showers. For the record though, it was nice to take a hot shower in the morning with great water pressure to really get that dirt off, but my husband took an afternoon shower and there was no hot water. The campsites are somewhat close together, so if you're looking to go to bed early, bring some earplugs. We had the pleasure of spending our last night listening to drunken karaoke, and I say that with the utmost sarcasm - when I need to escape to the great outdoors, acoustic Journey songs aren't what I have in mind ; )

All in all, I'd say stay here if you like camping!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liedle
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Very disappointed to learn that we had to PAY to get on the island and were not told that when we made the reservation......so in addition to camping fees if you wish to travel on and off the island it costs you $5 per day to do so. The two girls at check in desk on Friday the 12th of March both had attitude and acted as though I was bothering them to do their jobs......newsflash, I'm sure there's plenty of people who'd love to have that job if they can't smile and be accommodating. Was very aggravated that there was no hot water to take showers in the mornings. For the number of campsites their hot water supply was insufferable. They also claimed to offer wireless internet......well that was not the case either.......The campground was crowded and the spaces were tight. While there was little to no noise, it would have been nicer to be a little more spread out. We enjoyed our biking very much and the island had an arts festival. We will go back to bike around the island but will not to stay at that campground.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank tthimlar
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Just returned from a three night camping trip at the Jekyll Island Campground. This is my second stay in two years. There is not another campground on Jekyll Island and I do believe the owners take full advantage of the situation. The campground was very full this weekend. The bathhouses were cleaned daily, but should have been cleaned twice a day due to the crowds. Filthy by evening! The flies and 'no-seeums' were out in force, especially at mealtime. Even with insect repellent it was tough to enjoy an outdoor meal. The staff in the office is not very friendly or helpful. I asked for the location of the recycling bins and was given directions to the opposite end of the island! Later I literally bumped into the recycling center next to the regular garbage disposal area at the bath house. It was clear that the young lady at the camp store was not familiar with the campground. The roads and campsites are not paved or covered in gravel. This means dust and dirt everywhere, thus the filthy bathroom and shower stalls. Now the good...the location is great. We went to the beach by the pier each morning at sunrise and saw three bald eagles one morning. I do wish the owners would make a greater effort to bring their campground up to date. JIC is a perfect example of what happens when there is no competition. I would like to recommend this campground to others, but just can't until some improvements are made, regretfully.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple