“Great service, close to beach” 5 of 5 bubbles

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Jekyll Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alcoa, Tennessee
“Great service, close to beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Staff was very nice. I came in a little before check in time and the front desk lady went out of her way to find a room that was clean to put us in. She knew I had driven for 11 hours and did all she could to help us get in early. Also the pool was nice and very clean as was the rooms. The breakfast buffet the next morning was good. The property looked like they have done some work to it. The hotel is not right on the beach but just down the road. Easy walk and people had their dogs on the beach. This is a great place to go with your pet. Loved the stay at the hotel and the beach. Go to drift wood beach. Its very cool!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
PA,USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed here unexpectedly for one night. We had an efficiency room that was spacious and comfortable. Very good beds, but small bathroom needs some updating; even so, water pressure was very good. We also enjoyed the breakfast during which I met some who make this hotel their winter residence. We plan on staying here next winter. Even long term visitors are welcomed to a varied breakfast as part of their reasonably priced package, which includes weekly housekeeping service. Snowbirds create some of their own group activities and there are bus trips. The only thing that might make it an even better experience for a long term stay would be to have the commode separate from the tub area to eliminate waiting for use. There is a public PC in the lobby. Dogs are welcome on some parts of the beach.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
qualityjekyll, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay! We love guests that find us unexpectedly We look forward to having you come stay with us again soon. - Deborah Exum, GM
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I initially had planned to stay at the hotel across the street(Oceanside), but as I neared Jekyll Island and called to re-confirm my late arrival, the price mysteriously increased..twice! I decided at the last minute to check out the Quality Inn and though the bathroom needs some updating, the beds were new and incredibly comfortable. The room was very large and the staff was wonderful! I travel for a living and the service and helpfulness of the staff at this hotel are on par (and probably better) with any 5 star hotel I've stayed at. The bed linens are attractive (as I told the manager, I had stayed at the Peabody Memphis the week before and the coverlet on the bed is the same and the room $250 less!), there was a refrigerator and microwave in the room and the rooms large enough if you had kids, there would be plenty of space to spread out. The morning after my midnight arrival, I went out to walk my dog and the cleaning staff sweetly reminded me about the included breakfast as I groggily walked by on my way to the grassy, large and well maintained designated pet walking area. I went in to grab a cup of coffee and was greeted by a packed room of happy guests enjoying a hot breakfast and ready to tee it up at the nearby golf courses. The hotel was at 100% occupancy and everything went smoothly. The property is attractively landscaped, very conveniently located across the street from the beach and just yards up from the public beach access. For the location and price, you can't beat it. This was the end of a month on the road trip for me and I had stayed at 5 star $500 a night hotels ( I always wonder why when I leave as I feel like I should hang out in the room all day if I'm paying $20 an hour to sleep there) to roadside dives and I think I found the perfect happy medium where I was actually able to relax, rest and re-energize. No extra "resort fees", $10 a day wi-fi charges, a reasonable pet fee for the additional sanitation/cleaning they do for "pet friendly" facilities and a super comfortable and friendly place. Yes, I agree that it is an older property and a little wallpaper and new caulk in the bathroom could go a long way, but it was very clean, had great bathroom lighting and what matters most to me is a comfortable place to lay my head after a day wandering on the beautiful driftwood beaches, bike paths and checking out the local restaurants. I'll be back soon! Thanks for true Southern Hospitality!

Room Tip: With most hotels w/ exterior doors, I expect to hear parking lot noise, I heard none because the doo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank MB M
Newnan, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I had booked a room with Travalocity.com and got the mystery hotel and deal well I was surprised when i got to the hotel. It doesn't look like much from the outside but then I was surprised to have bedrooms seperate from living room and bath and kitchen with plates and pots and pans with a stove and refregerator. Very friendly staff. I didn't get up soon enought but the serve breakfast and help you in any way nessecary.We ate down the road. Its across from another hotel but you can get to the beach really easy. Lots of wildlife on the island. I only found one Gas station but its was perfect for me and my husband and 4 kids. We had a sofa bed in the living room and a chair with an ottoman and had a desk with free wifi an lets see.We had two Queen beds. Our over all stay was easy compaired to 4 kids.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Katherine S
Potsdam, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stayed here for several nights after driving up from Orlando and looking for a nice island exposure - this was it...great beach across from the hotel with the most AWESOME sunrise along the deserted waterfront. The area does have only several places to eat, but did I mention the awesome Beach! The hotel was quiet with down season, and very inexpensive given the location, and the rest of the island was accessible from the main road loop. While not a brand new room, we would stay here again and again...

Socastee, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

We started our vacation early with a stop in Jekyll. What a great idea! Upgraded as a Guest Privilege member, our King suite was awesome! Kitchen, sitting room with separate bedroom, Comfortable bed, soft pillows, crisp sheets, QUIET! Wonderful! Started the rest of our trip with a hot breakfast, yogurt and the newspaper...treated like royalty!

Room Tip: Just ask...
hazlehurst
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Usually stay at hotel across the street but they were booked last sat. night so we tried Quality. Rate was good and room was large and looked to be clean. There was not a tv remote and it only took a couple of minutes and someone brought up a new one. The problem came when we turned backed the sheets at bedtime and saw several dog hairs and about a half dozen live fleas in the bed. We checked the other bed which looked fine so due to the late hour we elected to stay in the room instead of trying to relocate to another. The next morning at check out I mentioned this to the clerk and she stated she was sorry and would tell housekeeping, Apparently the sheets were not changed before the bed was made.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank owlsy
qualityjekyll, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Dear Guest, I was very sorry to hear about your experience. The room that you were in is not one of our pet designated rooms. We have a very comprehensive program with our Pest Control Provider to ensure that we are adequately prepared for dealing with any nuisances. Upon inspection of your room upon your departure, we did not find any fleas or pet hair. With the rather warm weather we have been experiencing I would expect that you encountered some sand gnats during your trip this weekend. In the future, do not hesitate to make the call to the front desk at any hour and we will be happy to address any concerns or issues you may have immediately. We look forward to having you return to our hotel so that we may demonstrate to you our commitment to service. -Deborah Exum, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jekyll Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,150 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Simons
BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Simons
#7 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!