“Very clean and pet friendly.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Jekyll Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had a nice one night stay at this hotel. It's older and needs some updates, but it's very clean.
The staff is friendly. I hedged between giving this QI 4 stars and 3 stars. Here's why:
The Breakfast Bar was very disappointing. Healthy offerings slim to none.

Room Tip: If you are on the second food request a room near the stairway. Also ask for a fridge in your room...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank capecodsailors
qualityjekyll, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear capecodsailors, We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We will share your comments about the lack of healthy offerings with the breakfast staff so that we can make sure breakfast is healthy for everyone. Along with having the largest rooms on Jekyll Island, all of our rooms have a refrigerator and microwave. We look forward to your next visit. Monica Nawrocki

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Wonderful stay..As soon as we got into our room Bobbie called to make sure we were getting settled. Great Customer service! We brought our bikes so we could ride around the island and the rooms are so large that we were able to fit all 4 of our bikes in the room w/o them even being in the way. Room had a fridge and a microwave. Free breakfast. Great stay, Great customer service...We will be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AnnaWholey73
qualityjekyll, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Our rooms are the largest on Jekyll Island, so our guests have plenty of room to spread out. It seems like you got to enjoy much of what makes the island so special. We look forward to serving you again soon. Monica Nawrocki

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel was a good bargain with clean rooms and a central location on the island. It is an older hotel but the rooms, the hotel common areas and the pool are kept clean. We had a suite which included a living room, small kitchen area and bedroom with 2 full size beds, plenty of space for our family to spread out. If you are looking for a quiet beachfront location this is not the hotel to choose. The hotel is across the street and a short walk from the beach and there is construction of the beachfront hotel directly across the street but we weren't at the hotel during the day to hear the noise.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
qualityjekyll, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of our large rooms and proximity to all Jekyll has to offer. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Golden Isles. Monica Nawrocki

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel is in need of make over. Our socks were covered in dog and cat hair. A/C didn't work. We stayed in Rm. 209. They need undercover boss to visit. It stinks. The cleaning staff is horrible and we weren't told that all rooms could have pets. If you have allergies don't stay. They don't treat rooms or clean properly

Room Tip: stay at another hotel down the street
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Eljinc
qualityjekyll, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Our hotel is defined by the quality of service that we provide to our guests each and every stay. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we received from your stay are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve.

In this regard, I have discussed the matters you raised with my staff, and I was pleased to hear that a satisfactory resolution had been reached during your stay. Please rest assured that I have reviewed our hotel operations regarding pet rooms to ensure that a similar situation does not occur in the future.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
-Deborah Exum, GM

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I would recommend this motel to anyone the staff was great friendly. For once I didnt feel like I had to clean my room I had a smoking roombut couldnt tell it smelled fresh all I can say is it was awesome thank you for a great weekend

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank tammytaylo

Thank you for complimenting our staff. We believe in our people are the best. Our guests comfort and happiness is our number one priority. We look forward to your next visit. Monica Nawrocki

Reviewed 8 January 2014

My wife and I have stayed at three motels on Jekyll Island, this is the best to date and we plan to return. I don't think you could ask for a more friendly staff, both on the phone for reservations and in person when checking in. I wish I could have thanked Monica and Claire personally before checking out but the snow storm in Ohio altered our plans.
I must add that we actually had an ocean view from both our bedrooms, granted be you had to stand to look out the windows but we were happy. We were able to park right at our rear door, really handy when the rain started. In the past we had to search for a parking space and it was usually some distance from our room.
Granted be the rooms are dated, but overall, the value is great when compared to where we have stayed in the past. This trip we stayed at three motels, this Quality Inn had the largest suites and best beds of the three motels...no sore back in the mornings for either of us.
I love my coffee in the mornings, Julie always had a fresh supply and a smile for us.
Overall we were very happy and satisfied with the motel and staff. We never heard one negative comment from anyone at breakfast, always positive.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have the largest rooms on Jekyll Island. Thank you for the kind word about our staff. A great staff is a huge asset. We hope you will become regular visitors!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Before you read this - keep in mind this review comes from someone who stays just about anywhere and rarely complains. With that being said - let me start with the check in. Our keys didnt work. They rescanned and those didnt work. I know this happens, but still frustrating. We got a 2nd room. Room is about standard cleanliness for hotel of this type and is starting to look out dated. The breakfast was overcrowded and only one lady was staffing it. All in all, it was about average to below average. As far as location goes, the hotel is across from the beach but has no view because another hotel is in the way. There is nothing as far as restaurants or bars within walking distance, in fact, there isnt a whole lot to do on the island (i understand its not for younger crowd but c'mon). Not the hotels issue but the sand gnats are horrible. Not only at the beach but they do come all the way up to the hotel. Our room temp got really hot and we were told its on central setting and to turn AC off. This helped a bit but by then the room was pretty stale. Would i go back? No.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GMan5431
qualityjekyll, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Gman5431- Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay. We always want our guest to enjoy their experience at our hotel as well as on Jekyll Island. Should your travels bring you back to Jekyll please feel free to visit us and allow us to demonstrate to you our quality.

Deborah Exum-GM

#4 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
#3 of 9 in Jekyll Island

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!