“Oh my God !#”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Jekyll Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

On a 3 week road trip and this is the most expensive and lowest quality place yet. The bathroom was a ghetto, carpet throughout needs replacing, drapes falling apart, light fixtures broken, smell ?...Positive side, beds were clean, towels clean, breakfast OK...Major Problem !! Across the street, a construction site between us and the beach...They gave us beach facing rooms, only to hear backhoes at 6:45 am. beeping until 5 pm.....Arrrhgg !!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John J
qualityjekyll, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for your feedback. The issues pertaining to our property are being addressed immediately. We apologize that the project across the street, while not in our control, put a dampener on your stay. We do hope you will come back to visit us as we strive to provide quality accommodations to our guests. Sincerely, Claire Moody, Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I booked a room for 8-24 for one night. Our job that we had there for Monday was canceled due to incoming weather. I called at 12:05pm on Saturday, 8-23 to cancel for my 8-24 reservation. I have traveled the world and have never heard of a 48 hour cancelation policy. The woman on the phone at the front desk was incredibly rude and said she would cancel my reservation and charged my card immediately. Luckily for me, American Express has my back and is disputing the charges. Judging by this hotels reviews on here it shouldn't be too long until they are bought out by someone who knows how to manage a company and property correctly. My confirmation email has no cancelation information on it at all and their policies are not clearly stated anywhere. Be careful before you book.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

At the Quality Inn and Suites, we strive to provide excellent customer service to all guests. Every independently owned and operated hotel has its own individual policies pertaining to cancellations. When a guest books a room at our hotel, the cancellation policy is cited at the time of booking along with being noted in the email sent as a confirmation letter. Our most sincere apologies that this may have been overlooked. Regards, Claire Moody, Director of Sales and Marketing.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Apparently this hotel was built in 1960 and hasn't been updated since. The mattresses are horrible. The A/C doesn't work. There is a blood stain on the carpet, somewhat hidden by a broken recliner. And there is just nothing about this place that says enjoy your stay. I really wish I had looked at the trip advisor reviews before making a reservation here.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear your stay was less than satisfactory. The issues you have raised are being addressed immediately. We monitor our HVAC system regularly to ensure that we maintain a working system that cools the rooms up to 20 degrees below the outside median temp. We do hope you will visit us again as we strive to provide comfortable accommodations to all guests and have updates and renovations slated for the upcoming year. Sincerely, Claire Moody, Director of Sales and Marketing.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I don't mind outdated when you get an ocean view ...... But it should have been explained that there is no ocean view due to the heavy new hotel construction right smack in front of this hotel. Not only that.....the building starts very early about 6:30 to be exact so if you want to sleep in because you might be on your "once a year vacation" ....well think again....... The first night we stayed we were sitting out by the pool and was told we had to leave cause it was time to close pool area. We were not in bathing suits just sitting there talking. It was 8:30. Keep in mind there were no kids staying here....only adults over 58. I am pretty sure that we don't need strict babysitting. The beach was mediocre at best with hard sand and dirty water, may as we'll have been in Galveston. Yes did find some bugs, dead and alive but no biggie as we live in Texas and are used to them drifting in. They DO need to move the beds and night stand once a month a do a thorough cleaning and maybe the whole room. Beds are not comfy so guess it really doesn't matter that the construction is starting early cause your back is killing you by then. Pillows are horrendous so go to walmart and spend 5 bux and buy yourself some sleep. Breakfast ....not bad. But the lady that's doing the cooking needs to really keep up on the coffee. It was usually out. This is not a bad place to stay for the money as long as you didn't pay over 70bux. I wouldn't stay here again but there are two other hotels down the street that are literally on the beach but did not come up on my hotels.com. One of them was Days Inn. I checked prices and they are similar to this hotel so I would give them a shot. Also yesterday we went back to the pool to relax and they were pressure washing all of the hotel brick walks at dinner hour. So we had to leave so we could hear ourselves talk.

Room Tip: It's hard to say since most hotels don't let you go in and inspect before you rent!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Annala77
qualityjekyll, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We aim to provide clean and comfortable accommodations and I will address the issues you listed with our Housekeeping Department to get those items corrected immediately. Work on the project across the street is unfortunately out of our control and I do apologize that put a dampener on your experience. Our pool hours are posted and are from 9:00AM EST to Dusk and at that time the whole pool area is closed and locked for liability purposes. Hotels.com lists us as being "situated near the beach" and I have also double checked how our hotel is represented on other third-party sites to make sure it is clear that we are not oceanfront. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Please accept my most sincere apology and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Sincerely, Claire Moody, Director of Sales and Marketing.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My fiancé came for a wedding at stayed at Quality Inn. Entering our room, the smell of bleach was overwhelming. The decor was outdated, but that did not bother me. However, the room was too warm. I tried to turn on the dehumidifier, but it would not come on. After some investigation, the water bucket had not been emptied nor recently cleaned. In the bathroom, my fiancé found bugs. One of our (clean) towels had a hair on it. I also found trash under our bed. I will say the continental breakfast was better than expected--- eggs, sausage, pasteries, bagels, and make your own waffles. Also, when we checked in, the attendant was friendly and helpful. If returning to Jekyll Island, we would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Margaretchaffin
qualityjekyll, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide clean and comfortable rooms and I apologize that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. The information you provided will be addressed with our staff to get those matters corrected immediately. We hope that you will visit us again so we may demonstrate our commitment to our guests. Sincerely, Claire Moody, Director of Sales and Marketing.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I booked the Room knowing it was outdated. I didn't have a huge issue with it, but I do have an issue with it being dirty, and in dire need of repairs and normal upkeep.

ISSUES:Bugs all over in bathtub and kitchen, coming in from gaps/holes from missing screws in windows. Window sills covered in dead bugs (bedrooms,kitchen, bathroom). Grime all over the paint and around door handles and light switches. No air flow in 2nd bdrm, hot. Smashed fly on bdrm window when we walked in, still there.

The housekeeping staff, that we had, spoke limited English. An issue when I'm trying to get towels, toilet paper, trash bags, etc. She didn't offer to clean the room. Just stood there, so I requested needed items. 2nd day I did ask her to vaccuum the floors, as there was sand from our beach outings. Otherwise, I opened the door and she only had towels in a stack ready for me. Several dishes dirty in cupboards. Pool was in dire need of cleaning & paint, grime, dirty, bugs. Lots of ants on sidewalks and in pool area. Several cabinets didn't shut, gaps on both sides of kitchen window, no screens, lots of bugs inside. Killed 4 spiders on the window sill, rusty/Dirty vents. Cob webs in window corners.
SUGGESTIONS: Train your staff how to clean properly! Hire additional housekeeping staff. Fix minor issues like the cabinets, holes, bug issues. A fresh coat of pain would help immensely. Regular insect/ant spray treatments, that's an easy fix. Eventually baths and kitchenettes need updating These aren't suites, they are large, multi-room, motel class rooms.
TO THE STAFF: I was reading these reviews, there are way more negative reviews than positive. So actually start correcting the issues! You are giving Choice Hotels a terrible name. And maybe do random inspections on so-called "cleaned", empty rooms everyday. Then correct the mistakes made.
I could have chosen another hotel, but I am a BlueGreen Vacation Club member and since Choice Hotels partners with you, I wasnt concerned. I was wrong, I guess I just had higher expectations. I will also be contacting BlueGreen regarding the issues in this hotel.
If you want to hang up TripAdvisor signs, asking to boost your ratings, then correct issues and live up to the "Quality" in your name.
Rm 210 (2 bdrm suite), 4 nights, 7hr drive.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the issues encountered during your stay and that your experience did not meet your expectations and please know that your issues are taken very seriously. The information you provided will be shared with our staff and corrected promptly. Being located in South Georgia and pests being an issue we maintain a strict and pest control regiment through a third party to head off issues such as these. We do hope you will visit us again as we strive towards kitchen and bath renovations in the upcoming year. Sincerely, Claire Moody, Director of Sales and Marketing.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Room was spacious but the kitchen was dirty and the carpet was black from filth. I stayed 4 days and never heard or saw the cleaning staff with a vacuum. The breakfast was typical hotel freebee. Check-In staff were nice and check-out a breeze.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Zeusme

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with your stay and have addressed your issue with our Housekeeping Department. We strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations and will correct this issue immediately. I do hope you will visit us again so we may prove our commitment to guest satisfaction. Sincerely, Claire Moody, Director of Sales and Marketing.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jekyll Island
#4 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
#3 of 9 in Jekyll Island

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!