“A grand experience - it lives up to its name”
Review of Grand Dining Room

Grand Dining Room
Price range: US$5 - US$60
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Jekyll Island Club Hotel Grand Dining Room continues to be the scene of social gatherings and gourmet experiences. Beautifully restored in the Victorian mode, the room is dominated by Ionic columns and gleaming white woodwork. Three handsome fireplaces, complete with intricately carved mantle pieces and marble surrounds, add warmth and cheer on a winter’s day. The lawns and the river can be seen through expansive windows, and the first blossoms of crepe myrtle and magnolia trees color the landscape in early spring. The glow of candlelight and piano music create an atmosphere of romance and anticipation of the gourmet meal to come. A cause celebre in Southern Georgia dining is the Grand Dining Room’s Sunday brunch, a culinary and visual delight.
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We were only staying at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel for one night, so we had to eat in the Grand Dining Room. We had a grand time! It was a very quiet nice during the off season, so we almost had the dining room to ourselves. The dining experience is just over the top, white tables cloths and white coated waiters. The food was excellent and the menu selection was varied enough to please everyone, from fish and steaks to unusual items like the veal cheeks which I had. If you have come all the way to Jekyll Island, then treat yourself to one grand dinner while you're there.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Great food and atmosphere. Fresh cut red roses on the table, soft piano music, great service, in a formal dinning room. Don't miss this experience if you stay at the Club. It is a bit pricy but isn't she worth it?

Reviewed 27 January 2014

It may not be everyone's cup of tea but it was great eating in this large and elegant dining room. From the time we were greeted to the time we left the whole night was perfect. The food was wonderful, I had the Crab Cakes and my wife had the Baked Escargot. She told me the Duck Breast Francaise was excellent and my Shrimp & Grits was fantastic. Sipping coffee and a couple of nice after dinner drinks made the evening. The service was excellent and the live piano accompaniment to dinner was a great touch. All in all it made for a most excellent dining experience.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is my favorite place to dine on Jekyll. I feel as if I'm thrown back in time. The food is always delicious and the staff provide excellent service. The atmosphere is the best in my book!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Great drinks (we asked for Bourbon Manhattans but they were made with Dewars. We mentioned the mistake to our waiter Daniel and the drinks were immediately replaced), wonderful service and excellent food (the Rack of Lamb and the Shrimp and Grits were terrific).