airTran flight delay sent a number of people there with vouchers landing at ATL at 11:10PM.
1) The shuttle lady was RUDE. Luckily I made it to the shuttle with the first batch of people, and when we got on the shuttle we told her there would be more people waiting. She stood outside the hotel and talked to another worker from 11:40 PM until almost 12:30 AM, never returning to airport to pick up the other people until told to by the desk; and was angry when she was told by the front desk that people had been calling. She should be fired.
2) It is a good 25 minutes from the airport. Shuttle runs 1 time an hour during the day; ridiculous.
3) The room (234) non-smoking was one of the worst I have seen in awhile.
The hallway stunk
I don't the Fire/Smoke detector worked in my room, because it never lit up.
The bathroom floor had a ring of gunk around the toilet base.
The sheets had cigarette stains, and runs in the nylon comforter.
One of the only three lamps, the one between the beds, had a busted switch and no bulb. The room was dark the walls were dirty.
The sink faucet was completely removed from the sink top, not bolted down in any way.
I slept in my clothes.
4) The outdoor pool and hot-tub I saw in the morning was neon-green dirty. Not sure if they were even in use.
5) If there was internet, no one offered to give us a code.
The Good (if any):
The woman at the front desk was very nice and friendly for being the only working and having to check in a line of people with vouchers.
The bar is opened til 2 AM. They may serve food that late, but I did not get any.
I would not stay there ever, especially for traveling through the airport – it is too far and shuttle is not convenient, plus the shuttle drivers act like you are working for them. Even the morning guy was rude, but at least punctual.
The rooms are horrible, location awful and except for the bartender and the front desk person, everyone else was rude, including the cook, and security guard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Clarion Hotel Atlanta Airport, the choice for accommodations on the south side of Atlanta. Experience a full service stay on a limited service budget! Our complimentary amenities include 24 hour airport shuttle service, hot/cold buffet breakfast, parking, Wi-Fi internet access, business center, and local calls. Join us for live jazz performances every weekend in the CloseUp2 Jazz Lounge. Enjoy amazing culinary delights in Cravings American Bistro- open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and room service.Other features include a seasonal outdoor pool with large sundeck and separate kiddie pool, picnic area, as many as seven separate meeting/socializing spaces with a combined 4200 square feet. We are an ideal location for your wedding, family reunion or general get-together. Here on business? We've got you covered there too! Audio/video packages, flexible meeting, and catering options are available.Conveniently located just off of Interstate 75 Exit 235, we are minutes from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, and the Atlanta Motor Speedway. The Georgia Aquarium, the Atlanta Braves Turner Field, CNN Center and the World of Coca Cola are just some of the local attractions just a short drive away.Motorcoach tours welcome- we provide free parking in our ample bus-friendly lot. Government and military per diem rates honored.Call today for information on rates, packages, and specials! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Clarion Hotel Atlanta Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.