“Combo with Road to Tara Museum”

Peter Bonner's Historical & Hysterical Tours
Ranked #6 of 15 things to do in Jonesboro
Smyrna, GA
178 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Combo with Road to Tara Museum”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The bus tour last about an hour and there are more than a dozen stops along the way with recorded and live commentary from the bus driver.The Old Jail was closed because of structural damage sustained from recent heavy rains. Unfortunate, I was looking forward to being behind bars again (joke).

Visited June 2013
1 Thank trivial_matter

Atlanta, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great Value, Very Interesting”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

My mother and I went on this tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. The tour guide was a great guy and really friendly. He was very informative and explained each place on the tour. One of our favorites was the old Clayton County Jail! I would recommend this to anyone interested in history, whether you like 'Gone With the Wind' or not you will still find this tour interesting. The museum is also very well put together and worth a look.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank candyGeorgia
Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Gone With The Wind & Civil War Devotees”
Reviewed 30 June 2006

Peter Bonner's Gone With The Wind Tour (the only one in the World, as he told us!) is more than any Margaret Mitchell fan expects. I'm in my late 50s and have lived in Georgia for over 32 years-- What A Surprise to learn about this!

There is no mistaking Peter Bonner's passion about history and about the woman who, I believe, dedicated her book to the history, heritage and culture of her ancestors, and which Peter Bonner's GWTW Tour confirmed for me. His GWTW Tour is "the story behind The Story" as I read in his book, Lost in Yesterday, which prompted me to take his Tour.

His Tour made me appreciate all the research Margaret Mitchell put in to writing her masterpiece. And, Peter Bonner's research made me appreciate how much we all can learn about history and our American culture.

I would recommend Peter Bonner's GONE WITH THE WIND TOUR to everyone who has either a curiosity about our Civil War history, or who has had a life-long love affair with Scarlett & Rhett!

Something I never knew, is that Margaret Mitchell's brother, Stephens Mitchell, dedicated Jonesboro in Clayton County, Georgia as the OFFICIAL HOME OF GONE WITH THE WIND ... not Atlanta, as I always thought! His book is filled with so many wonderful tidbits from history and anecdotes about Jonesboro, the Civil War-- and, Margaret Mitchell.

14 Thank 1Julie