“Not bad 'que”
Review of Dean's Barbeque - CLOSED

Dean's Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Hours Are: Tuesday 10:30am Until 4:00pm Wednesday-saturday 10:30am Until 7:00pm Closed Sunday And Monday Unless We Run Out Of Product Call To See That We Are Open Also We Accept All Major Credit And Debit Cards
Reviewed 23 February 2014

It's definitely hole in the wall BBQ. The sandwiches are good (a little small so if you're hungry, get two.) It's not the best BBQ I've ever had but it's not bad.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is the best deal in the Southern Crecent for BBQ! Hands down Dean's give you a pulled pork sandwich, chips and a drink (Coca-Cola or sweet tea are the best options) for $5! For me it is the best que in Georgia!!!!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This small BBQ place in Jonesboro serves up the best BBQ. For the small price of $5.00 you get sandwich, chips & drink. It's my go to place for when I'm not sure what I want....it's always the answer.

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I'd heard so much talk about Dean's bar b que, but thus was a huge disappointment. Stew taste like liquid smoke. Slaw was ok but not my type. Pork meat was ok but sauce was the worst I've ever had. Dry meat covered in thin vinegar. One thing I will give them is portion size. But not good enough to eat.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I was VERY disappointed!! Upon arrival, Dean's is an old down-home barbecue stand beneath huge, antique oak trees. The enclosed dining area is old, and bare-bones, but clean. I ordered the pulled pork plate. It was the worst barbecue ever--dry and tough, swimming in a sauce so overbearing my mouth stayed puckered for hours! On a more positive note, the stew was good and the coleslaw was awesome!! Prices were reasonable, but I'll not return nor recommend!

james d, Manager at Dean's Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience
the pork is pulled then chopped, all veins and gristle and fat are removed
we don't use artificial smoke or anything like that our bbq has been cooked the same way for 66 years
if you want some smoke flavor ask for a chopped outside this has the burnt part that we usually don't serve unless requested also if the sauce is too much as for light sauce
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your visit
everything is prepared the same as it's been for 66 years so I guess we have been doing something right