“They have freakin BEDBUGS!!”
Review of Motel 6 Jonesboro

Motel 6 Jonesboro
Motel 6 Jonesboro
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Jonesboro
Reviewed 20 February 2012

DO NOT GO HERE!!! i booked for 30 days not knowing how disgusting this place was!! stayed there for about 3 days before my companion and i were waking up with bites and came into our room one morning only to be greeted by the BIGGEST bedbug ever on our sheets!!!( which i had bought by the way!!) when we went to management the only accommodations we were given were a new room and $5.00 in quarters to dry heat all of our belongings in their so-called laundry facilities!! No one was sincere about our problems and they didn"t even give us a fraction of a refund or extended stay(not that i would have stayed!!) for our hassles!! diseased disgusting crack hotel...oh and did i mention the faint smell of marijuana as you walk the halls!! save your time and money!! and for the general manager....i dont want your insincere apology......i just want my $700 back!!!

Room Tip: no room here is a good one!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 January 2011

Ive read apologies from the Management of this place that date back 2 years. I stayed there in DEC 2010 and this place is as nasty as ever. Unfortunately, I pre-paid for this room and couldn't get a refund, so I toughed it out. 3 days of filth... I HAD TO PURCHASED NEW BEDDING AS SOON AS I GOT THERE!!! I walked in the room, looked at the bedding, and walked right back out and drove to the closest store I could find, and bought a new sheet, blanket, plastic mattress cover, etc.etc... DISGUSTING. I also had to clean the room myself, Lysol, Lysol, Lysol... Staff was useless.. I came to town for a Funeral and this place added insult to injury.... How can these people, in good conscience, advertise this place as a Hotel?? This place is obviously a homeless shelter of some sort. The room across from me had at least 5 people living in that studio "Suite". Shady characters around every corner too... And these people obviously LIVE IN THIS "HOTEL"!! How can sites like Priceline and Expedia have this place on their list?? You're lying to your customers... Thats a great business practice... Please do not waste your time or your money on this place, or places like this one like I did... Tara Inn Manager-Save your apology. I dont wanna hear it. You are a liar! You have no intention of cleaning this place up. And I wont find out, because I WILL NEVER WALK THROUGH THAT DOOR AGAIN!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank chippa2k8
GeneralManager026, General Manager at Motel 6 Jonesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I certainly do apologize to you for your stay. Our goal is to ensure that we provide all of our guests with clean and comfortable accommodations. I will be sure to share your review with my staff to ensure that these issues are addressed.

Reviewed 18 November 2010

Filthy all around. I lived in NYC and know a crack hotel when I see one. Thank GOD for the free WiFi because we only stayed long enough to book a room at the Clarion down the street. RUN don't walk from this one! I can say that the front desk clerk was the only redeeming thing about this place. He helped us checkout FAST and get our money back.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank a1glass
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Motel 6 Jonesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2010

We would like to apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. It is our goal to present a safe and clean environment for all of our guests at all times. Thank you for taking the time to write this review as we take all reviews seriously and are continuously striving to improve the Tara Inn & Suites. Again we apologize.

Reviewed 14 September 2010

We went on priceline to book a room for the weekend to have a date night me and my spouse. First, when we pulled up Clayton County police was outside blocking the enterance with a bunch of teenagers, Second when we went in the lobby there was people hanging around on the counter in the lobby and there were water bugs crawling around on the floor. To put the icing on the cake the rsuite was HORRIBLE it had water damage on the walls in the bathroom, The tub was flilthy, The bed was on the floor and was not made. Also the carpet smelled like animal urine.....I had to get out of the plase asap. When we got back to the lobby the people where still hanging on the counter and there was a female in there walking her dog which was about 65 pounds. I told the guy that I could not stay there and ran up out of that place as fast as I could. By the way it was room 271 that they put us in

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alexis082
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Motel 6 Jonesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I deeply regret your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at our hotel. Our goal is to provide excellent service, clean, and comfortable rooms and it is apparent that we did not provide that to you. Thank you again for your feedback and we are making the proper strides to correct all issues.

Reviewed 7 September 2010

This hotel is very nasty, it really should be an hourly motel with the type of people they checked in. It was nothing like it was advertised online, we booked a non-smoking room with a kitchenette. As soon as we open the door to the room is smelled of cigarettes and "other things". The bathroom was very disgusting, the flooring was stained, the toilet leaked, not even a toilet paper holder in there. The carpet and chair in the room had so many stains. Unknown crust and debris was all over the room. We sprayed a whole can of Lysol, around the room and it still smelled horrible. It is clear this MOTEL is for the nightly working women, and homeless people.
All in all this was a disgusting hotel, I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meljchap

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to apologize to you for your experience here at our hotel, I would like to speak with you concerning your stay. Please contact the hotel directly and ask to speak the General Manager.

Reviewed 4 September 2010

This hotel is disgusting!! All we can hear is loud noise and speakers booming!! There are people in the hall constantly! The door look likes its been kicked in and the carpet is gross!! The couch has burn holes all over it and when we pulled out the pull out bed it smelt like nothing but urine!!! The phone doesn't even work!! So if there was an emergency we wouldn't be able to contact front desk!!! This is the absolute worst place ever! And we are leaving! We'll sleep in our vehicle before we sleep here!!

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank krystal-nichole
Reviewed 14 June 2010

When I checked in t he hotel there were no towels and the room was very nasty. My aunt checked in a dirty room and had to be changed into another one. My stay was not good at all and I will not recommend this hotel to NO ONE.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank shauntelg

I would like to personally apologize to you for your experience here at our hotel. Our goal is to ensure that your stay is enjoyable and your room is clean and comfortable at check in. I sincerely apologize and hope to we can have the opportunity to make it right for you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesboro
Magnolia Bay Hotel & Suites - Jonesboro
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
Travelodge Forest Park Atlanta South
Super 8 Atlanta/Jonesboro Road
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#8 of 19 in Stockbridge
Quality Inn & Suites Southlake

Been to Motel 6 Jonesboro? Share your experiences!