“**** Do not stay here ****”
Review of Motel 6 Jonesboro

Motel 6 Jonesboro
Motel 6 Jonesboro
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Jonesboro
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Short story: ***** DO NOT STAY HERE *****

Long story:

We stayed here for 1 night while driving while driving to Florida. After bringing our luggage up to the rooms my brother in law mentioned a very strong smell of bleach in his room, which we witnessed. We suggested he was lucky because our room smelled of cigarette smoke even though we requested a non-smoking room.

When we returned to the room after supper the smell had dissipated somewhat, we settled in and put the the kids to bed. My wife went to get herself ready for bed, after a moment she brought me to the bathroom and there was the very distinctive smell of marijuana, presumably coming from the next room.

I expressed my concern to Mr. Patel at the front desk and explained I wanted another room, he refused saying the were full except for 3 suites but I would have to pay another $60, I refused. I asked him to send someone to my room to verify my concern, he refused. I asked him to call the room next to mine and find a resolution, I didn't realize until later that night that he actually called my brother in laws room and yelled at him to stop smoking marijuana because the room beside him was complaining. Thanks to Mr. Patel for letting, what I thought at the time was a drug addict, not only know I was complaining about him but also where he could find me and my sleeping family.

At this point I have refused to pay a higher rate and I am wondering if the people beside me were going to cause me grief. I asked what he can do and I was told he could refund my credit card, I took this to mean he was comping my room, but after the credit was processed he told me to bring the keys back to him after I got my belongings out. I explained I would vacate the room in the morning and he told me I would vacate the room tonight. I proceeded to walk away and look up a number for Motel 6 head office on my phone, I called but unfortunately it was to late and the office was closed, I could only reach the reservation desk and she was unable to help me. While on the phone with the reservation desk someone came to the room and told me I had to leave, I explained I was trying to get to the bottom of the situation so he called the front desk and magically there was another room available. I went downstairs got a key to the room so I could inspect it before moving my family, the room was acceptable so we moved our belongings and I paid for the room.

While paying for the room I was informed that I had now wasted 2 rooms and he was out the cost of the first room because he could not rent it out so late at night. I explained that whoever was smoking pot in the room next door wasted the room not me, I honestly can't believe he had the courage to actually look me in the eye and tell me it was my fault. I told him now would be a good time to be honest with me and admit he lied about having the extra room available the whole time, if he had just moved me over right away the issue would have been dropped, his response was how did he know I wouldn't complain about the new room.

Unfortunately Mr. Patel made a conscious choice to not help me and instead treat me as if the unacceptable room was my fault. He then proceeded to insult me by saying I would have complained about the second room anyways. Told what I thought at the time was a drug addict I was complaining about him and where he could find me. To top it all off he called my brother in law up on the phone and accused him of smoking marijuana (to be clear my brother in law does not do drugs and is innocent in this, his only mistake was being in the room next to me)

I would also like to add my expectations of a $60 a night hotel room are rather low, I want a bed, a bathroom, a place to charge my phone and a drug free environment. The second room provided me all of those things and had I been moved to that room in the first place, I would be sleeping right not and not writing this post.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed for a week, the only person who was nice and respectable was the lady from housekeeping she made sure i had clean towels. Evn though i was unable to take a shower after informing the front desk that I did not have hot water in the sink nor the shower. After day one. I stayed on the 3rd floor and it smelled horrible like dog unrine and weed. Stayed carpet in the rooms miss matched beding. no heat coming out the ac unit only cold air. OMG I would never do this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stay with Motel 6 because they allow dogs. Several dogs were at this motel, and were pretty quiet. People and children...not so much. Room was clean and had good space. Road noise not an issue. All doors other than the front door were locked. Is that safe? To walk my dog it was a l-o-n-g trip down the hall, around the corner, through the lobby, and out into the scary, poorly lit neighborhood. Every trip to the car was lengthy too...weird that all persons had to pass through the ONE door. There were several family groups there and the halls were noisy until late. Ice machines did not work. No morning coffee. In the end it was a place to stay that was clean and allowed dogs. Did not see any bugs.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2012

It's seriously more of a poorhouse. And for the druggies and low/no income families that live there, it's probably awesome and just what they need. But for you, the weary traveler looking for a cheap room, it will be a disaster. You're pretty much paying for a sleepless night and bedbugs.

The place looks alright from the outside, and the lobby is nice enough, but that's it. The carpets beyond that are stained and dingy, and the halls smell like urine and marijuana. The rooms aren't any better. Our bed had been made when we got to the room, but the sheets definitely had not been washed.

My wife and I didn't want to cause problems so we unpacked and went to bed. We tried to fall asleep for about twenty minutes, but the residents were So. Freaking. Loud. that we ended up leaving. I'm not just whining here; they were literally screaming nonsense on the other side of the wall. Dude at the front desk ended up giving us a refund, after much protesting.

And what's up with the canned management responses here? "Oh, we got more negative reviews for that crack den in Jonesboro, better copy and paste that same apology and then do absolutely nothing to solve the problem!"

Keep looking, I promise this isn't the kind of hotel you're looking for.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank basically
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This is the most disgusting motel ive ever stayed at. It is in an extremely shady area and the entire building is beyond healthy. There are individuals living in the rooms and drug use is very apparent. When I walked into our room I was instantly taken back by the rooms condition. The floors were dirty, the room smelled, the sheets were VERY dirty and the towels had stains all over them. The individials that live in the motel scream all night and bang on the walls. I have never been concerned for my safety while staying at a motel but this one made me feel extremely uncomfortable. With that being said id advise others to not stay at this location. Honestly the Motel6 company should be embarrassed and ashamed by the condition of this facility.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 3 July 2012

This is by far the nastiest "motel" I've ever stayed in! The lobby carpet was stained in so many places it was hard to make out the pattern. There was spilt beer in the elevators. The a/c was not working in the hallways. On top of that, there are low income people living in the motel making it quite uncomfortable for unaware guests like myself because they have free run of the building. Pot smoking in the hallways and rooms, walking around with open alcohol containers, multiple residents in small rooms, loud music, slamming of doors, yelling/partying all night long.

I couldn't get out of that place fast enough. Do not stay here even if you're desparate!!!!

Room Tip: No good rooms here. Go somewhere else.