“Don't ever stay here!”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Jonesboro
florida
“Don't ever stay here!”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stopped here on our way home. It was late and we were tired. I thought Howard Johnsons was a good chain. Not this one. The room stank from smoke, there were burn holes on the chairs. Someone wrote graffitti on the lampshade. The pillow stuffing was on the bed, the table leg was broken and the towels were as big as a washcloth.There were even tires outside our room and we were on the second floor. We thought we'd get up early and leave so how bad could staying eight hours be. Well.. around midnight at least twenty people were running, yelling and drinking on the balcony, We called the clerk and he came up but he couldn't do anything. The hotel was clearly out of control.This went on until 3am. My husband spoke to the manager in the morning who acknowledged the problem and said he called the police twice and they refused to come out.???We travel alot and this was the worse place we ever stayed in. Absolutely awful.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else or stay in your car.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jazzman53

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 December 2009

We stayed in Jonesboro for our 5 days trip to Atlanta. Rooms are clean and are done daily. Ok breakfast to start the day.

Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Netter83
Reviewed 2 September 2009

The location is kinda confusing. It would be good to have another person looking out for the hotel while you drive. The outside was nice and clean. Could be better but everything could be better. Check-In was really really fast which was great and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms could smell better but they where very clean and the AC worked great. I run a hotel so I knew everything to look for. And this hotel is on the right track.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Netter83
Roanoke, Va.
Reviewed 23 July 2007

First, the map was incorrect. I zoomed in and printed out the location, but it was nowhere near the map's indicated position. My "nonsmoking" room smelled like putrid and foul smoke, so I requested another. It, likewise, reeked of disgusting smoke. I know this is probably not the hotel's fault, but rude and inconsiderate people who disobey the rules. My bed had a "hammock" effect, so I was forced to lie at an angel to get level. After a restless night, I tried the breakfast, but it was not much. Just cereal and mild and then a honey bun, and that was it. All the bananas were gone when I got there. So, for a Howard Johnson, I expected more.

• Liked — Friendly staff and clean premises
  • Disliked — The nonsmoking rooms smelled of smoke
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank cadleman
Georgia
Reviewed 29 May 2007

I had to attend a wedding in the Jonesboro area with two of my friends. We were the only one's from out of town so the bride suggested the Howard Johnson in Jonesboro. When we first pulled up, we were skeptical but figured it would be nice.

All of us chose the King Size bedrooms each. We loved it! The beds were so soft and the pillows were nice! The staff was friendly as well. One of my friends mentioned the bathroom was in excellent condition to one of the staff members and he informed us they had just renovated them. Each of our rooms had a huge tv in it as well.

The only thing was the pool was small, but other than that it was an excellent choice and great price for one night's stay!

• Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ieasterl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesboro
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Morrow
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta I-75 South
Super 8 Stockbridge
Super 8 Stockbridge
#1 of 19 in Stockbridge

Been to Magnolia Bay Hotel & Suites - Jonesboro? Share your experiences!