“traveling from texas”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsland/Kings Bay Naval B
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

everyone at hotel was very friendly. hotel and room was clean and quiet. very pleasant stay. had requested early check in due to driving from texas to ga for grandson graduation{14 hrs}. was told to call before arrival and if room available would be no problem. called 2 hrs before and was told they would clean room and have it ready. it was ready when we got there. we were so greatful. everyone very nice and helpful.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We arrived at the hotel early and requested to check in early. We were allowed to check in early, however the front desk clerk was very unfriendly and cold. It was nice to get off the road though so we just quietly went up to our room and figured she was having a bad day. I had to go request change for the washing machine and dryer, another clerk was manning the desk at the time and was very friendly and happy to oblige.

Pros:
Nice pool and hot tub area
Washer and dryer work fairly quickly and cost only $1 each
Suites are two rooms
Pet friendly
Nice pet walk area with waste bags provided
Lobby area well maintained

Cons:
Trash outside the side door was over flowing and didn't get emptied at all
Rude desk clerk
Our room smelled faintly of urine
Various furnishings in the room were broken
Hotel rooms not well maintained

1  Thank 1121NicoleG
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Typical La Quninta. The room was clean & comfortable. Breakfast typical. All the staff was friendly, greeted you & were pleasant. Reynelle checked us in & checked us out! Very pleasant & knowledgeable about the area. Right off the interstate; however, did not hear it at night. Only thing is, there is only one ice machine first floor. The previous owner who built the LQ didn't want it near sleeping guests.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you want a place to stay that is easy to find.Easy to get back on the interstate and to be meant by a smiling receptionist, who is happy to see you and wanting to help you. Stay here! I was in Love the the lady who checked us in. She was quick and efficient. Your room is clean and your bed is just right. The quietness was fantastic and it had everything you could possibly want. Restaurants were within walking distance. Loved It !!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Writing a bad review (especially of a favorite hotel) is never a pleasant thing for me to do. On my return trip to NH from FL, I booked my first night on the road at this La Quinta. This property has been my first stop and favorite for a number of years. In the past, it has always been very clean with a pleasant and attentive staff. I had a free upgrade certificate and upon arrival, (as is my habit with every hotel) I went directly to the room to take a look before bringing in my luggage and constant canine companion.
The executive suite was very nice, but it had an odor not to be believed.....smelled as though a dog with an intestinal disorder had just checked out. Phew! I went back to the front desk to request another room and was surprised that the staff member didn't ask what the problem was or go and take a look at it or apologize, very unlike the staff encountered here on many other stays. She advised me the only other room similar to the executive king, was on the second floor, but it was close to the elevator. I accepted the key cards to that room and went on up to take a look. This room was very very clean, but with a number of small maintenance issues (veneer missing off end of desk, hair dryer not seated well on the wall, minor issues that I mentioned before bringing in my luggage..). The bed was comfortable, my stay was uneventful, and at check out the next morning I mentioned the maintenance issues again. Again, not much interest from the staff member, just a nod.
I sincerely hope this is a one time incident. Everyone has a bad day now and again, and with this property's reputation I feel certain this is the case.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Auntie1949
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Very good experience - would use LaQuinta whenever we needed to book a hotel room, however not yet available in all areas (e.g. Syracuse). King Size room was small, but well laid out, very clean and modern and met out needs for an overnight stay over. We requested refrigerator and microwave, which was supplied. ...and we especially love the non-smoking environment.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stay at this hotel on our way south every fall and back up north every spring.... never had a bad stay... Clean rooms and convenient to restaurants ... the "Pet friendly" rooms are located close to an exit so very easy for those morning and evening walks. They even provide "doggie bags" outside in the pet area!

2  Thank stormywx
Travellers also viewed these Kingsland hotels
Best Western Plus Kingsland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kingsland
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kingsland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kingsland
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingsland

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsland/Kings Bay Naval B? Share your experiences!