“Loved this Fairfield Inn”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsland
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Loved this Fairfield Inn”
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I got to say that this was one of the best Fairfield Inn’s that I have every stayed in. It is about 2 years old but looks like it just opened. The room was well appointed and included a mini fridge, microwave, small coffee maker and iron. The room was very clean along with the bathroom. The lobby is very colorful and included a small business center with free computer. WiFi was free in the rooms too. Check in was smooth and the receptionist was very helpful and provided some brochures of the local area. The breakfast was good and included the standards: waffles, bagels, cereals, juices, and fresh fruit. There was plenty of room to eat in the dining area. I will stay here again if I am ever in the area again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pilot Mountain, NC
Reviewed 28 September 2009

The hotel was modern, comfortable, clean and convenient. The staff was friendly and professional. This is a great place if you are looking for a stop-over on the trip to South Florida or for an extended stay as they offer a microwave and refrigerator.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 30 March 2009

We stayed here in March on the trip down to FL. It is an easy on/off I 95. The hotel was fairly new so everything was lightly used. We did not care for the new Fairfield Inn color scheme though- crazy colors in the carpet & strange decor. We had a huge green bowl in the bathroom- don't know what that was supposed to be for. Colors in the bathroom were weird too- black & white tiles.The first room they gave us was not made up- in all my years of traveling I have never seen this. The hotel was full & when we went down to the front desk we had to wait on line. They took $10 off the rate for this inconvenience.

The pool was very small but usable. The gym equipment looked brand new.

The breakfast was so crowded, one of the front desk ladies was making waffles so no one would have to wait on line.

The customer service at the front desk was very good & they felt very bad we got a room that was not serviced.

There was free wi-fi in the hotel & it worked well.

If coming or going to Florida get gas in Georgia as it's cheaper.

All in all we definitely would recommend this hotel & would stay again. Look for discounted hotel prices at the Georgia welcome center- it's cheaper than the hotel website.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DianeER
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 February 2009

Brand new hotel not listed in your Kingsland ,Ga site.Perfect stop on the way to Fl.
Even has an indoor pool for kids (and adults) to unwind .
If you have some extra time take a ride to St. Mary's Historical District( about 8 miles).Beautiful waterfront park and ferry departure area.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Georgia
Reviewed 19 January 2009

I had a Marriott gift card so I chose this hotel because of that when planning a trip to Cumberland Island. I had no idea until I arrived that the hotel was just four months old.

The decor reminded me of the Kimpton Hotel Chain. The walls were orange and the carpet was navy with lime green accents--very bold, almost jarring. Everything looked and smelled new.

I arrived after 10 p.m. and was warmly greeted by the young woman on duty. My room was just as I had requested, high floor away from elevator.

The bathroom has white tiled floor with small black tiles in a rectangular pattern, tub with shower. Plenty of towels but nothing special--same with the soaps, shampoo and conditioner.
Only styrofoam cups in the room and one of those coffee pots that makes a single cup. With a single reg. coffee packet in the room this would not be so great for a couple. As a single traveler it was fine by me though I was disappointed not to have a tea bag or two in the coffee service material.

The flat screen TV was very nice and the bed was a little on the hard side, but comfortable. Lots of extra pillows.

I appreciated the free internet service and the nice desk lamp and convenient plug-in at its base. There was an additional easy chair and a small chest with drawers that held the TV.

There was a family with young children in the room next to mine and I could hear their screeches and laughter through the wall. This did not bother me so much in the evenings, but they woke me on my first morning almost two hours before I planned to get up so I was not too excited about that.

The breakfast area had waffles you make yourself, bagels, english muffins, fruit and bran muffins, bananas, apples, sausage and biscuits that could be heated in the microwave, juices, cereals, yogurt, instant oatmeal, etc. The area was clean and well-maintained and the attendant was constantly restocking. When one gentleman started to make his waffle the attendant offerered to do it for him. He said that he was not use to so much help and she said, "You are in the South--get use to it." I found that funny, but it is also the source of my one complaint with the hotel.

I expect to be greeted by the hotel staff, but I don't really expect to make them my best friends. There was one woman on duty who did not seem content to just say good morning, but seemed intent on making every exchange a lengthy conversation and this grew annoying as I was in and out of the hotel many times. On the first morning as I walked into the lobby she said good morning and asked how I was, I returned the greeting, said fine, thank you and kept walking. She then stepped behind me and asked if I was leaving and I said, I am leaving for the morning, but not checking out and she continued to talk but I continued on out the door as I had to meet the ferry.

This was repeated again the next time I walked through the lobby with her asking me how I had slept and how my visit was going thus far, etc.. I thought she was going to get on the elevator with me to keep asking me questions. Later I contemplated exiting out the end doors to avoid the lobby, but I had parked closer to the lobby doors so I just continued to keep walking through that area despite the attempts to engage me in conversation at every turn. I suppose it sounds a bit odd to complain about someone trying to be friendly, but I think the property is new and the people are trying really hard--I hope they soon learn that not every guest wants to engage inconversation. Then again I only had this problem with the one woman who perhaps was just anxious for conversation.

All in all I would recommend this hotel as a nice property.

• Liked — Brand new
  • Disliked — Thin walls and chatty staff
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank BeingGreen
sc
Reviewed 20 December 2008

We booked our room on the Marriott site using points. The hotel was only 2 months old and SPARKLING clean! The indoor pool and hot tub were updated and pristine. The 3 employees we saw most often became like family in 3 days, they were so helpful! The breakfast was yummy, waffles and blueberries. With the help of local employees we found excellent nearby restaurants for lunch and dinner, they even called to check hours and gave us menus! The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about local events and history.... they all went above and beyond by making calls and printing out maps for us smiling all the time!

• Liked — Brand sparkling new
  • Disliked — It was all excellent
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2cocoa
NC
Reviewed 19 October 2008

This is a wonderful hotel - brand new and very chic.
The person at the front desk was very nice and even offered to match the price of $70 that we paid the week prior at the Hawthorn Suites -across the street - also a nice hotel, but Fairfield was far superior for the money. My only complaint is that the remotes on the 2 huge flat panel tv's worked both tv's at the same time, but other than that - it was a wonderful stay!

• Liked — Unique room decor
  • Disliked — TV remotes operate both tv's at same time.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family