“Night Manager was horrible”

Red Roof Inn Kingsland
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Night Manager was horrible”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Arrived at 1130 pm. We were driving to floirda and just needed a few hours rest. My husband travels for work so we had several free nites at red roof inn. The manager told me because I was not a paying customer there was no room for me. I was tired and asked him do I have a room or not and he stated "with an attitude like yours no" . He wanted us to pay for the room. We left and found another room right next door. My husband called Red Roof Inn Corporate and complained about the situation they gave us a few more free nites and explained that because this was an indidually owned red roof inn they did not have to honor free nites. I would of gladly paid but the manager was rude and nasty. I was traveling alone with two children and he had zero compassion.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Serina G
redroofinnkingsla, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Kingsland, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that you were displeased with the service you received at our hotel. We satisfy most guests, and I sincerely apologize that we could not satisfy you and that you did not stay with us. We take pride in the way we serve people and have addressed this issue with the appropriate people. You’ll find a better experience the next time you visit.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This has been a lovely experience. The hotel is right off I95 in Kingsland. I came down for a kayaking trip at the Crooked River State Park but stayed for 3 days to explore the area. It is a perfect location convenient to everything - just 8 miles from the state park, a short drive into beautiful St. Mary's and the ferry to Cumberland Island and a quick half hour drive to Fernandina Beach and Amelia Island or half an hour west to the Okefenokee Swamp. First of all the place is super clean and has little touches not found in many motels in this price range. During my stay I had occasion to interact with five different front desk personnel and they were all friendly and accommodating. It is evident that the owner takes pride in his property with little conveniences you don't usually find in budget motels and I think has conveyed this to his staff from the lovely cleaning couple to front desk. I love that there is coffee available 24 hours a day and a great continental breakfast with fresh fruit, juices, bagels, muffins, etc. plus a waffles, oatmeal and grits. There is every convenience nearby since it is at an exit off of 95 - service stations, convenience stores, supermarkets and every chain restaurant imaginable. Having a refrigerator and microwave in the room is a plus as well as fully stocked coffee and fixings. There are many hotel choices in the immediate area but I'm very glad I chose this one and it was the most reasonably priced. It is also very quiet and I was in a room facing the main road. The only suggestion I have would be better internet connection. Thank you Red Roof Inn Kingsland for making a nice weekend even more pleasant and comfortable. Kudos to the owner and management.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
SEEMA D, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Kingsland, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words on our property. We love to see happy guests like you. I will surely share your positivity on our property with all the staff at Red Roof Inn, Kingsland, GA.
We take pride in our hotel and services we provide to guest. We are glad that you enjoyed staying with us and we are looking forward to see you stay with us upon your next visit in this area. Thank-You.
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We chose the Inn as a stop over for one night. Found the staff esp."AJA" to be very friendly, clean room, comfortable beds, and a very nice breakfast bar including waffles! Excellent value! We will definitely stay over here again next time headed south!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking your precious time to post a review on our property. Thank you for the positive feedback. I will certainly share it with my staff. We hope to see you soon. Thank-You.
kingsland ga
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Hard beds, awful staff, filthy pool and hot tub, breakfast was stale. Not worth your time. PASS. Better hotels for the same price! Not worth your time. Steer clear if you have pets. They say "pet friendly" but they mean extra charge.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Melissa181
Dear Guest,

I’m sorry to see your very harsh comments. We’re a clean, comfortable and fun place to stay and I’m sorry you did not have a better experience. We are also pleased to be a pet-friendly property. Most guests are completely satisfied, and I’m sorry we could not satisfy you. I apologize for any ways in which we fell short and hope you will try us again. We’re always changing and improving.

Hotel Manager
Warren, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed here based on good reviews...however, it is definitly not one of the better red roof inns we have stayed in. The hotel was ok, but needs some work. The breakfast was not good, the milk was 1 day away from being bad. We had way better choices in Kingsland. There's a reason this hotel was $49.95.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wpatravelers
SEEMA123, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kingsland, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank-you for taking your time to place an review . I am sorry you were not happy with your stay. I apologize and hope to see you back when in this area. Thank- You.
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The rooms were furnished freshly and the room was clean and smokefree. They smelled fresh and appealing. The bed was cosy and clean, too. Rates were below the surrounding motels and absolutely acceptable.

The distance to the interstate made us choose that motel. It's very close to the ramp but quiet. The next time we travel from southern Florida to the north we will stay there again.

But what I really want to point out is the staff:
I left my cellphone when leaving and they sendet it to my next destination - without any trouble. That was really generous! Thanks again!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
SEEMA123, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kingsland, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Madame, Thank-You for complimenting on our property. We love to hear positive feedback from guests like you. Glad to hear you received your phone. I will share this review with my staff ..Hope to see you soon. Thank- you again and come back soon.
Leesville, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel must be the crown jewel of the Red Roof chain. I've stayed in a few-mostly because they were pet-friendly. And endured them. I stayed in this one because of a satisfactory previous stays.
The location is convenient for a travel stop from the Florida Keys with my 88 year-old, handicapped mother every year. No pets this time. We are always given a room that is convenient for my mother even if a "handicapped room" is not available. Our rooms were clean and comfortable and the price was very reasonable compared to others at this I-95 exit. This hotel is just fine for those who are just traveling through for a nights stay. The complimentary breakfast was quite adequate.
Kudos to Aja who was slammed with phone calls and lines of people requesting rooms. He was patient and accommodated each guest in turn as best he could-whatever their room request. No one left his front desk feeling hurried or unsatisfied. And with a nice subtle sense of humor and friendliness.
Good place for an overnight stay. Many restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: A first floor room on the back might be a little easier and quieter. But our front rooms were real...