“Excellent! Clean and Friendly staff.”

Red Roof Inn Kingsland
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Douglas, Georgia
“Excellent! Clean and Friendly staff.”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed for the night but Stuff was very friendly and fast in checkin and checking out. Need extra blakets and towels for the kids at the pool. No problem. Price was good. Didn't have a problem with parking and room was cool when we checked in. We will be back to stay again. We recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SEEMA D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kingsland, responded to this review, 26 December 2014
Dear Ms Lois, Thank You.We appreciate you taking time to let us know that you are happy with your stay.Looking forward to see you soon as a valued guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Good rooms and good staff. I was not at the hotel alot because of business; however, when I would return the room was spotless which is a huge factor for me. I do business in the southeast alot and will stay here when I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank You for taking your time to post a review. It was certainly pleasure to know that you were happy with your stay. We will surely communicate your review with our staff at Red Roof Inn, Kingsland. We look forward seeing you soon as a valued guest.
Spring Valley
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here on our way to Tampa. It does have a convenient location, near restaurants and the highway. Front desk staff was very nice, but a bit on the slow side in getting us checked in. Price was good. Pet friendly and well lit area for parking. Our room wasn't as nice as it could have been though. Room had a musty smell that we really couldn't get rid of-it was a little better by the end of the night. Toilet was not as clean as it could of been, but my wife is a teacher and travels with bleach. Some residue of some sort on the seat. Made mention of it to front desk, but we were too tired to move rooms, and we cleaned it ourselves. They politely took note. TV worked fine, but bed was a little springy and stiff. Walls were clean and seemed to be painted recently. We'd probably look somewhere else first if we were ever in the area again. Not a terrible experience, but a dirty toilet is hard to overcome.

1 Thank Mr W
redroofinnkingsla, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Kingsland, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. I’m pleased that you had an acceptable experience here, but I’m troubled that we fell short of your expectations in some ways. We focus on providing the best possible guest experience, and I apologize for any ways we fell short. I hope you will try us again and see that we get better and better with each passing day.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I recently visited this hotel on way to New York!
It was nestled in a great location!
Rates were inexpensive!
Rooms were clean!
Breakfast was enjoyable!
Danny, the front desk associate whom checked us out was very pleasant! We asked him of any great Mexican Restaurants near, he recommended Mi Casa!
We will be back!
Great!

1 Thank Johnathan H
Dear Mr Johnathan, We greatly appreciate you took time to post a review about your stay.We are delighted to hear you were happy with your stay. I will certainly share your review with our staff. We look forward you staying with us soon. Thank You from Red Roof Inn staff.
Hartsville, Indiana
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel was located in a convenient location close to I 95. Although this hotel was a little dated the room was pleasant and clean. We were assigned a room on the back section of the hotel. Since I was traveling with my teenage daughter I felt a little uncomfortable on the less visible back lot. I went back in to the office and spoke with the owner "Dave" and he said since it was a holiday weekend he was booked however he said he would see what he could do if I call back the next morning after 11:00 AM. I called the next morning around 11:15 and a female named Asia answered. I told her about my conversation with Dave and she said I booked my reservation online that I couldn't change rooms. I remind her that I had already discussed this with Dave and she was more interested in arguing with me than to let me speak with Dave or attempt to offer an alternative solution. Basically it was her way or the highway. I could see I was not valued as a guest so I told her that I would call back later and speak with Dave. She said you do that or something to that effect. Needless to say I didn't call back, However when we returned
later that evening, I stopped by the office and Dave was there. I told him about my conversation with Asia and I could tell by his reaction, he was not told about my call. He apologized and said he didn't understand why I wasn't helped because he had left a note for his day staff to assist me when I called. Needless to say we never switched rooms but Dave did make sure the rest of our stay was pleasant. Everyone from Dave to the housekeeping staff made us feel welcome, however this one employee -Asia ruined my opinion of this hotel. I strongly suggest she take some customer service courses or maybe change job positions. We do make trips to Kingsland several times a year however as long as she is in her current position, we will seek lodging elsewhere.

2 Thank 123traver123
redroofinnkingsla, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Kingsland, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that a miscommunication and a less-than-helpful staff member detracted so much for your stay. All of our rooms are safe, clean and comfortable, but we’re happy to move guests who prefer different accommodations. You can be sure that the staffing issue has been addressed and this will no longer be a problem. I would like to once again offer my sincerest apologies to you. I hope you will stay with us again and experience how we usually do business. We’re happy to accommodate any room request you have during any future stay.

Seffner, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My boys and I came in pretty late around 930 pm as soon as we walk in the young lady Asia aknowledge my boys in such a pleasnt respectful way... As she was putting my information in she kept making conversation with us and laughing and joking especially when my young son wanted a 2nd floor room which he was very happy once she gave us our room upstairs ... I also was very pleased that Asia made me feel very comfortable and safe once I asked about the area....You don't find to many people nice with beautiful smiles and so respectful around anymore.... Thank you redroof in for a goodnight sleep and clean and large spacious rooms..... My family and I will always come back when we come back in town to you all ... Thanks again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
SEEMA D, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Kingsland, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Susana, thank-you for taking your precious time to post a review on our property. Thanks for applauding our property for a pleasant stay with us. We thrive to make our customers happy in all ways. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback. I will certainly share this post with Asia and my staff at Red Roof Inn in Kingsland. We are happy to hear that you will come back and stay with us. We love to see you soon. Thank-You.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Arrived at 1130 pm. We were driving to floirda and just needed a few hours rest. My husband travels for work so we had several free nites at red roof inn. The manager told me because I was not a paying customer there was no room for me. I was tired and asked him do I have a room or not and he stated "with an attitude like yours no" . He wanted us to pay for the room. We left and found another room right next door. My husband called Red Roof Inn Corporate and complained about the situation they gave us a few more free nites and explained that because this was an indidually owned red roof inn they did not have to honor free nites. I would of gladly paid but the manager was rude and nasty. I was traveling alone with two children and he had zero compassion.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Serina G
redroofinnkingsla, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Kingsland, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that you were displeased with the service you received at our hotel. We satisfy most guests, and I sincerely apologize that we could not satisfy you and that you did not stay with us. We take pride in the way we serve people and have addressed this issue with the appropriate people. You’ll find a better experience the next time you visit.