“Enjoyed our pulled pork sandwiches”
Review of Jacks BBQ - CLOSED

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Pentwater, Michigan
“Enjoyed our pulled pork sandwiches”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stopped at Jack's for lunch on our way to Florida. Enjoyed our pulled pork sandwiches with the spicy sauce and lemonade. Portion size was good & lunch for two was about $20. We'll stop again, next winter.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“The Best Ribs!!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My Kryptonite. I've had their wood-smoked ribs 3 nights in a row now. I have to leave this area before I die of excessive rib consumption. The best rib's I've had from a restaurant. I recommend their honey sauce rather than their spicy sauce as the sweetness complements the strong smoked flavor much better than the mustard-based spicy version. I can also highly recommend their Banana creme pudding and peach cobbler.

It's not a fancy place. It is a small local family operated BBQ stand just off of Georgia Exit 1 of Rt. 95 before the Florida state line. Turn west and it's within yards of the hwy.

1 Thank Gordon G
Florida
“All went in the garbage!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We went to jacks on the way home from Savannah to Florida. I wanted to take home some Bbq and Brunswick stew for my kids. I ordered 2 pounds of Beef and 2 large pints of Stew. WOW, I should have known when I saw them using packaged, not homemade, BBQ Sauce. The beef was not brisket but a dry over cooked eye round, very strange indeed. The stew was ketchup with tomato paste. I really don't even have the words to describe this garbage I spent $40.00 on, except that it all went in the garbage. I always check trip advisor and this time I was impulsive and saw the restaurant on the exit and ran in and ordered ! If I had seen the other reviews on this place I would have kept driving. It's very rare I write a negative review however in this case I had too ! And to the owners a pint is not a 6oz foam coffee cup !! What a rip off !!

1 Thank Greektravelgirl
St. Marys, Georgia
“Got it "TO GO" and it was XLNT”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

While in the area we ordered Jack's to take out . For a very reasonable price we each got SIX meaty,delicious ribs, baked beans,potato salad (or corn on the cob). The ribs were honey bar-b-que and spicy bbq . They were slow cooked and tender.
I stayed in our car with a leg injury while my wife picked up the order. She said the staff was wonderful! They even took her outside to show her their two pet potbelly pigs! She said they were adorable!
We will go back to Jack's.

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not too good”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Pleasant service did not overcome the weak "wood cooked" flavor of pulled pork. Side dishes were average.

Visited October 2013