“Great find!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Great find!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped for gas as we entered Georgia and decided to grab some dinner. Jack's was a lucky find (with reassurance from TripAdvisor). We'd been focused on seafood for a week in the FL Keys and BBQ was a nice change. Should have shared the pulled pork sandwich -- it was a lot of meat for an early supper. Ask for sauce on the side so you can try more than one. Or try the pork plain -- great smoky flavor on its own.)

Lexington, Ohio
“Great little place for BBQ”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped here to try some Georgia BBQ, and were not disappointed. It's just a little joint, nothing fancy, oilcloth on the tables, paper towel rolls and hot sauce bottles, too... just the kind of local eatery we favor on our trips! Had the ribs (huge and meaty) and the smoked beef, both with spicy sauce slathered on. Good choice, and good value!

Pentwater, Michigan
“Enjoyed our pulled pork sandwiches”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stopped at Jack's for lunch on our way to Florida. Enjoyed our pulled pork sandwiches with the spicy sauce and lemonade. Portion size was good & lunch for two was about $20. We'll stop again, next winter.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“The Best Ribs!!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My Kryptonite. I've had their wood-smoked ribs 3 nights in a row now. I have to leave this area before I die of excessive rib consumption. The best rib's I've had from a restaurant. I recommend their honey sauce rather than their spicy sauce as the sweetness complements the strong smoked flavor much better than the mustard-based spicy version. I can also highly recommend their Banana creme pudding and peach cobbler.

It's not a fancy place. It is a small local family operated BBQ stand just off of Georgia Exit 1 of Rt. 95 before the Florida state line. Turn west and it's within yards of the hwy.

1 Thank Gordon G
Florida
“All went in the garbage!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We went to jacks on the way home from Savannah to Florida. I wanted to take home some Bbq and Brunswick stew for my kids. I ordered 2 pounds of Beef and 2 large pints of Stew. WOW, I should have known when I saw them using packaged, not homemade, BBQ Sauce. The beef was not brisket but a dry over cooked eye round, very strange indeed. The stew was ketchup with tomato paste. I really don't even have the words to describe this garbage I spent $40.00 on, except that it all went in the garbage. I always check trip advisor and this time I was impulsive and saw the restaurant on the exit and ran in and ordered ! If I had seen the other reviews on this place I would have kept driving. It's very rare I write a negative review however in this case I had too ! And to the owners a pint is not a 6oz foam coffee cup !! What a rip off !!

1 Thank Greektravelgirl