“A great place to stay”

Springfield Hotel and Suites
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We came into town for night to surprise my daughter that I hadn't seen for a year and she was attending a wedding. When I first called the young lady was very helpful and when we checked in I believe her name was Terri gave GREAT. SERVICE. If I were to go back to kingsland Georgia we would be staying there again. EVERYONE. THERE WAS NICE Great southern hospitality

• Stayed: June 2012
There are newer reviews for Springfield Hotel and Suites

Reviewed 26 May 2012

The clerk was very nice, rooms were extremely clean. The rates were great and the ammenities were more than expected. After 3 days, looking forward to another visit. Nice and quiet and located close to everything.

Room Tip: Must eat at the Millhouse in the front of the motel, food is a little pricey but great.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We were guests
at the Springfield Hotel and Suites last night. Not only did our hostess, Sherry, at the front desk greet us with a smile and a friendly hello, she went out of her way to assure us that we would have a non smoking room. The room was nicely appointed and as we were weary from traveling all day, we evjoyed a quiet nights sleep.
We dined in the hotel resturant and were very pleased with the service, food and coctails. We shared scallops wrapped in bacon and each had a steak in a cream sauce which savored our palates nicely. We will come back again. Our overall experience was fantastic. We liked the on site dining and were able to walk to it..

Room Tip: We stayed in the 'C' section where it was quiet and were able to get a good nights sleep. We...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This is one of the few hotels in Kingsland that allows pets. We've stayed at another, and decided to try this one as well. Guests with pets are put in the rooms on the first floor facing the pool area. This is a motel-style hotel, with all exterior room entrances. The first room we were put in turned out to be a smoking room which we could tell right off once we opened the door. We went back to the front desk and the computer entry for the room as in error. We moved to the room next door, Room 274, and although this was supposed to be a non-smoking room, there was no sign on the door, and it did have a residual smoky smell. The cleaners had just finished with the room so we decided to go ahead and take it. You could tell that the interior walls had recently been stucco'd, as there was little specs of paint chips all around the baseboards. This room had two double beds, a chair, a desk, a old picture tube TV sitting atop a dresser, a microwave, and fridge. The sink and closet area were in the open with the toilet and bathtub inside a small separate room. Two things we did not like -- there was no in-room coffeemaker, and since there was only one curtain on the window so you had to have it closed for privacy. The lights from the outside pool area were so bright it was hard to sleep as the room was never totally dark. The walls are very thin, and our room had a locked door connecting it to the next room. We could hear the people next door. The lobby is in a separate building which does offer coffee in the mornings, and is connected to the Conference Center and the MillHouse Steak Restaurant. The hotel does not offer breakfast per se, although they do give you a $10 voucher for two people to go toward either dinner or breakfast at this restaurant. This is added to your room rate. Not sure if you said you didn't want it, if they would not add it to your bill. They also charge an addition $15 fee for pets. What was interesting was that they had an electronic sign advertising rooms from $49 but our room rate was $10 higher as we had booked online several weeks prior.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Stay_Springfield, Manager at Springfield Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for your review with us. We always love feedback so that we can improve, and being a newly renovated property, we appreciate it even more.
Our rates DO vary, and that sign is on the side of the building to test if we need to add additional signage to our property. If you mention the sign during the test period, we gladly give you the additional discount. :) The internet rates vary, as well, for online commissions, so please shop carefully. You can also call direct and ask for any promotions that we are running.
As for the voucher, our breakfast is at cost, cooked fresh and served to the table by our staff. Our the $10 restaurant voucher covers a very nice breakfast for two, however, we do like to give options, as many of our guests do not stay for breakfast. Therefore, our voucher is also good towards dinner or drinks for our award-winning steakhouse onsite.
I am so sorry to hear about your room. I will talk to the front desk staff and make sure that this does not happen again! As I mentioned, all feedback to improve our property is extremely valuable and we love our repeat guests! Please ask for me personally and I will make sure that your next stay is the best that you will find!
Sherry

Reviewed 2 January 2012

I recently traveled to Kingsland for my high school reunion and stayed at this hotel. I was surprised when I walked into my room. It looked like I should be in an expensive hotel in downtown Chicago, not in a room in Kingsland, Georgia! The staff were fantastic and I enjoyed a couple of drinks at the restaurant attached to the hotel. I loved everything about my stay and will definitely stay here again for my next reunion.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank veruca27
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Stayed here for one night, on my way to FL. I used a coupon from the hotel/motel guide, advertised for 59 dollars. I stayed on a Friday so it was 10 dollars more. The only negative I could say is that the place doesn't have that much "curb appeal." The outside of the this motel does not reflect how really nice it is inside.
Upon entering the lobby, we were greeted by several friendly staff. They worked hard to make sure our stay was a happy and comfortable one. (It was!)
All the rooms have been recently renovated. They were clean, modern, and the beds were comfortable.
They have a brand new restaurant and lounge on the property. Food was great, and mid-priced. They had great drink specials too.
The motel also offers banquet/function rooms, a swimming pool, miniature golf, and coin-operated laundry although I did not use any of these.
Overall, this was a very nice place to stay, and an incredible value. I felt like I paid motel prices for a hotel stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank happy_trails_2_you99
Sherry P, Manager at Springfield Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Thank you SO much for a wonderful first review! We are so proud of our hotel and the new makeover it has gotten. We love that you do too. Please call us to become a Golden Member to enjoy any promotions that we are having. We'd LOVE to have you back!