“Absolutely Terrible - Don't Stay Here”

Springfield Hotel and Suites
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Don't be confused - it's SpringFIELD Hotel and Suites NOT SpringHILL Hotel and Suites run by Marriott. I read the reviews in my car in the parking lot and based on the 3 stars, the fact that I had my small dog with me and I had been driving for 2 days and was exhausted, and I had the impression that it was a chain which meant it had to maintain standards, I decided to stay here on my way to South Florida. Very very BAD decision. The hotel was terrible, pictures are very deceptive. Cinder block type motel all the separate outside entrances. The place was virtually deserted and as a woman travelling alone, I felt nervous. Extra security lock on door was an old chain lock!! The room smelled terrible and I kept all my belongings up off the floor. I woke up with a very bad rash on arms and legs, something that has never in my life happened. I am not susceptible to allergic reactions to anything and whatever cheap stuff they used to launder the sheets was the obvious culprit (I'm hoping it wasn't something else in the room). I pulled all my things together and left as soon as I could, not even trying their "Continental" breakfast. Believe me the price is not worth it!

Room Tip: Don't Stay
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Patty590

Reviewed 26 August 2014

The price was pretty good so just a little concerned....but when I came into the lobby, I felt comfortable. It was nice so I assumed the rooms to be okay. Although I was somewhat disappointed with the rooms (not as freshed up as I had hoped), it was okay. My daughter & I walked to the restaurant & upon coming back, a guy came walking through. He did not approach us but it made me a little nervous.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stop at this hotel a couple times a year since it is half way to our daughters house and stopping makes the trip easier. The rooms are the usual motel style but the beds are comfortable and the air is cool, A Millhouse steakhouse is attached to this hotel, the food is adequate but the service is slow, it took an hour for our meal to be delivered and that after a ten minute wait to be seated while there seemed to be empty tables and more than enough staff moving about. Cracker Barrel is across the street and will be where we eat next time.

Room Tip: we aways get the first floor, rooms are always quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandi H
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here several nights. The rooms are very basic. It is an older hotel and needs some repairs.
Wi fi did not always connect. The faucet knob came off numerous times. The last morning there was no hot water. A hotel guests room was robbed while they were at breakfast. Be sure your door closes completely and locks. The blow dryer did not work. Some of the electrical outlets were loose. The restaurant was nice.

The employes are very friendly and try to be accommodating. There are just too many issues.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Traveler1428
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel on the way home from a wonderful holiday and when we went for breakfast we were robbed of all our electronics and jewelry. No Safes!!! The room was smelly and very dirty. Apparently Canadians are targeted in this town. Keep you valuables with you at all times.

Room Tip: No camera in any areas except front desk. I would stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Robbed0518
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Found this motel to be a very nice place to stay for the night, and a good value for the money. The desk clerk was very friendly, and the room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend this location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barb T
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Clean. Right off of 95. Dog friendly. The room is adequate. Nothing fancy and good price. Close to restaurants and shopping. Would stay at again. This is our second stay and the place is quiet and set back off of the highway. Great restaurant out front.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple