“great hotel, great rate”

Kingsland Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel is situated around numerous other hotels, (Magnolia Inn, Days Inn, Comfort Suites, Best Western, Country Inn, Red Roof) all next to each other, on your typical interstate exit, full of gas stations and restaurants.

Because of the competition, rates are exceptionally low (check the magazines you get at rest stops, welcome centers, etc)

From desk check in girl was extremely friendly.
Breakfast is well stocked, though it could stay open a bit longer (closes at 9am)
Rooms are clean, well appointed, all amenities worked just fine (nice shower pressure, cold ac--especially important in 97 degree Georgia summers).

I even used the pool, which is a nice touch at this price point.

Have stayed here before, would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank gomerpyle
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Kingsland Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you so much for your compliments, rating, and review of our high housekeeping and cleanliness standards. It's rewarding to learn that we exceeded your expectations with the accommodations and hospitality of our guest rooms. It means a lot to hear from guests who are satisfied with all of our services and amenities. We enjoy sharing these reviews with our staff and we all look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The service here was excellent.
The breakfast was plentiful
The staff was very helpful
Great location for where I was working.
I stayed 5 weeks and everyday I loved coming back to my hotel room and relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Gloria B, Manager at Kingsland Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

I am glad that you enjoyed the value and the convenient location and that you enjoyed your stay and found the accommodations and service to be satisfactory. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your future visits!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I left Charlotte, NC on our way to Port Canaveral, FL for a cruise. I booked online because when I called the rate was $4 higher. Upon arrival, 7/13/14 - I was told that my check-in time wasn't until 2pm. Apparently I had set it up wrong online. My mistake. I asked Sarah to correct it. She said she didn't have any rooms. After I let her know that I wasn't happy, she changed her mind to say she didn't have any KING rooms available. I told her that I would take whatever, it didn't matter. She then "found" a king room for $22 more per night. I said no, and asked what else she had. She had a double queen room for $12 more. Again I told her that wasn't acceptable, and asked her for the phone number to the reservation office. She said it would only ring her desk, and wouldn't give me another number. Smart Phone to the rescue. I called the 800 number, who was able to find me a room at the same price - not a king, but 2 double beds. I got the confirmation number, thanked them and gave it to Sarah. Somehow, Sarah then "found" a room WITH A KING BED for $2 CHEAPER than online. How are these rooms magically appearing and disappearing at 1AM? I was the only guest in the waiting area. We checked in, room was decent. 11PM checkout was nice. Breakfast was advertised from 6-9AM, I got there at 8:50 with hardly anything left - seemed to be packing up. Checked out around 10:30 to find that I had been charged for TWO rooms. Got all that fixed, but took about fifteen minutes (would have liked to have been on the ship for an extra fifteen minutes instead). Coudn't get WI-Fi to work at all by the way.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Randy S

I am very sorry to hear that you experienced such unusual circumstances and inconveniences during your most recent stay with us, especially that we were not able to address the issues and misunderstandings right away. I am sorry for any rudeness or insult that you encountered with this situation and I assure you that your comments have been addressed with our entire staff and management team to ensure that no similar incident occurs in the future. We appreciate you giving your feedback about your recent experience in our hotel and we thank you for bringing a number of important matters to our attention. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel and service.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My first impression was very good. I called to reserve the hotel when we were about an hour away & the young man who answered was very accommodating. When we arrived, the hotel lobby was very nice & also clean. The young man whom I talked with over the phone checked us in & was very professional. The room was very clean & nice at first. Then I realized that the faucet for the shower was so hard to turn I thought it was broken. I finally got it to work & realized why it was so tight. If it was not turned super tight it leaked constantly. Not a little drip but a running leak that you can hear all night. I told the front desk in the morning & the woman said she would take care of it. The breakfast was good with hard boiled eggs, muffins, biscuits & gravy & a nice assortment. There were a few minor problems like the OJ not having been mixed with water but again, they fixed it after being told. Like the other reviews, the towels were something I use in my garage & you only get one set per person. I had to get an extra one for my hair at the desk but again no problem with that. I would stay again especially for the competitive price. It has tons of restaurants & hotels of every chain in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

It is great to hear from you and I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff courtesy and have taken the time to recognize the hospitality and care that we aim to provide for each and every guest. It's rewarding to learn that we exceeded your expectations with the accommodations, hospitality and cleanliness of our guest rooms. We do apologize on a few inconvenience that you have encountered in our hotel. We hope that you were satisfied with the hospitality of our staff and the convenience of our amenities and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We arrived about 6:30 PM without a reservation and had our choice of a suite or a room. The young man at check in was very professional and polite. The first floor suite had the king size bed placed too close to the HVAC. The person on that side of the bed had two choices, (1) blowing air and sleeping under the covers or (2) turning off the air. I turned off the air. Over all the room was well kept and clean. The towels were of a less expensive style as was the bath soap. Internet connection was impossible. A call to the front desk explained it by saying the motel was at capacity. Free WiFi unless we are filled up was my thought. Even with the full house, we thought it was the most quiet and noise free motel we had stayed at in quite some time. The breakfast fare was typical and with a full motel, a very busy place. The lady manning the front desk was helping in the eating area by busing tables, refilling items as needed and handling the check outs. We did not get her name but she was going that extra step to accommodate all the guests. We would most likely would give it another try if we visit there again

Room Tip: We stayed in room 122
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding your most recent stay with us. We appreciate your acknowledgment of the efforts of our staff to make you feel at home and the opportunity to let them know that they're doing a great job! It means a lot to hear from guests who are satisfied with all of our services and amenities. It is also rewarding to know that we were able to provide a comfortable and convenient experience. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed two nights, as we were in Saint Marys for a birthday party for one of our great grand children. ( All 7 of our great grand children are great) What a time we had. This Motel was outstanding. Clean room , very good breakfast, and outstanding personnel .I do not remember the names of all the wonderful personnel , just want to say thanks for all your services. Had a little mix up as we were checking out ( our fault) and Tes handled it so professionally. Will I stay again, most certainly. Keep up the good work...Thanks

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! It is rewarding to hear that we have succeeded in making you feel at home and that you experienced no difficulties with our services or amenities. It means a lot to us that you've allowed us to be such an important part of your special day and celebrations! We are thrilled to find out that we were able to make this occasion more enjoyable and convenient. We hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed several nights to visit son in Navy. Reserved 6 weeks in advanced. Got to motel and they could not give us what we had reserved or confirmed. Wanted a king bed but got two twins. Housekeeping is very good and everything was clean. Bathroom vent hanging from wires in ceiling. Mini frig had somebody's breakfast, maid missed that one. Close to exit, dunkin donuts, and lots of eateries. Will I stay again? Don"t think so.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family