“Really enjoyed our stay”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kingsland
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We decided at the last minute to make our pre-cruise drive to Florida into a 2-day trip, rather than a long, 1-day trip. We decided to stay somewhere close to the GA/FL border and Kingsland jumped out as a good area. I first called Microtel, only to be asked if I could call back in 10 minutes because the person who answered the phone was "upstairs repairing something in one of the rooms!" Needless to say, I did not call back! My call to Hawthorn Suites was answered very professionally and the room was quickly booked for that night. When I asked for directions, the answer was very clear and it was delivered with a very pleasing sense of humor. The staff was EXCEPTIONALLY NICE and friendly when we checked in, while we were there, and as we were leaving. They even called us by name as we left! The room turned out to be a suite with TV's in both the bedroom and living room area. The shower was large and nice. Their recommendation for dinner, The Millhouse Steakhouse, was excellent. Breakfast at the hotel was delicious. We will definitely return to the Hawthorn Suites in Kingsland the next time we are travelling that way.

Room Tip: I asked for a king-size bed with AAA rates and that's what I got. This was one of the best value...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 March 2013

I want to comment on the desk person LaShanna. I don't think I have ever met a more personable person. Her friendly smile and helpful information made the stay a great one. Everyone we encountered was fantastic,

Room Tip: Turn at El Cheapo gas station. A little hard to find.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nocona12
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This trip involved family matters in Florida and was a sudden trip with little planning. All 3 of us were women (2 family and 1 not) 20, 21, & 43. We stayed on the 2nd floor. Easily accessible. We got a suite with 2 queen beds (EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE) and a sofa bed. The beds and sofa bed were separated by a very thick privacy door and blocked light and sound well. The bathroom is very spacious and the shower was great! Beautiful and unique, you have to walk in and turn in-order to reach the shower. Worked great for 3 women where we could all be in the bathroom and privacy was never invaded. The kitchenette was functioning and stocked (just keep in mind its not like at home, a bit slower). Great breakfast in the morning. Everyone was always friendly and helpful no matter the hour. Location is great, anything you'd want is right there on E King Ave. Easy access to I-95 and 10 minutes from Yulee, Fernandina Beach, and Amelia Island Florida. Only down sides was the condition of the floor. I'm assuming a family before us had children trash the carpet. It should have been cleaner. We also found a baby frog. I'm sure this was a freak accident. As I said, we were on the 2nd floor. I would recommend for anyone. 100%

Room Tip: This hotel is surrounded by others. If you want to be able to keep an eye on your car, you need to r...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed 12 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed 15 January 2013

the staff was outstanding! I needed a room with amenities for my mom, who is disabled. Lola, and the other ladies greeted us with open arms, and asked if we needed anything else for our stay. i inquired about a stool, or ottoman, so my mom could elevate her legs since she is more comfortable sleeping in a recliner, or chair. They did not have anything that could accommodate her, so Lola went home, and brought back a padded stool that my mom could rest and elevate her feet on at night!! This was an example of going above and beyond the normal "call of duty", and far exceeded our expectations for our stay. I was impressed at the level of concern for my mom's well being, and comfort. In addition, the bed I slept in was quite cozy, and I felt rested each morning. A grand "thank you" to the entire staff!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the hawthorn suites by Wyndham in Kingsland Georgia. We especially liked the spacious rooms, the cleanliness, the professional and courteous service, and great breakfast. We got more than we expected for the great price. We will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: December 2012