“TERRIBLE”

Days Inn Kingsland GA
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Absolutely terrible. Would not recommend to anyone. They gave my room key to a complete stanger who appeared in my room. Luckily I was in there. The rooms are ALL dirty, hot water takes 20 minutes to heat up, carpets soiled, amongst many other things.

Room Tip: GO TO COMFORT INN AND SUITES!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank oomikeyoo

Reviewed 14 January 2011

This place was a dump! The bathroom walls and door were filthy with brown drips on the wall. The tissue box was empty. There was a coffee maker and coffee but no coffeepot. The bedside clock did not work. The ice machine was broken.The sides of the mattresses were stained badly. How can people operate places like this?

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sherrol47
Reviewed 21 November 2010

Name of hotel very misleading. Were told it had been bought & redone & that this was day of opening up again. We have always stayed at that motel since they built it brand new & have never been so disappointed. Mattresses terrible. Smell of chemicals & urine on opening door was horrible-couldn't breathe. Left door open & turned on A/C to try to get rid of smell. Helped some but during night was terrible. left a/c on high all night-never once cooled down room. Horrible night. Lights not working in bathroom or in table area. If not so tired & exhausted would have gone to different motel. We will never go there again. Still not sure why, but they told us we had to pay cash up front for my 2 dogs, but did not put it on bill.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank sarasota_FlBadmotel
Reviewed 7 July 2007

I have stayed here twice now, most recently in March on my way up to NY from Florida, and each time I was pleasantly suprised. It is convient off of I-95 and the exit is packed with plenty of restaurants, a nice gas station selection, including one with a large gift shop, and plenty of hotels to stay at. The Best Western made check in a breeze, and offered free cookies at the front desk. They also include free high speed internet with the room fee, which was around $55. The breakfast filled me up, included was coffee, juice, milk, doughnuts, bagels, scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, so yeah I was loving that lol! I'd recommend this hotel to anyone, the room was basic and it was clean, not a Hilton but def not a Motel 6

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 26 February 2007

Let me start by saying that I have been using this hotel as a stop-over to Orlando since 1995. I'm sad to say that what was once my favorite place to stay is no longer. This little BW is showing its' age. Check-in was easy, the staff as polite as always. When we entered our room there was an immediate ordor of a strong dissinfectant. Later I realized that someone had spilled some kind of cologne or aftershave on the carpet and this was an attempt to cover it up. The bathroom was moldly and had cracked and missing tiles, and the refrigerator wasn't working, something I didn't realize until the morning. This BW will need major upgrades and repairs before I'll ever consider a return visit.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank shadowryter
Reviewed 27 June 2006

This hotel had good reviews and rated 3 stars in AAA, so we booked the family suite for one night in June 2006. The hotel is clean, roomy and close to the highway, but so are the other hotels just next door. When we arrived, the air was shut off in the room. It was a large room, so it took about 3 hours to get rid of the musty smell. The room was reserved for 6 of us, but I still had to make 3 trips to the front desk for the correct linens as none were provided for the sofa bed. I had to make the trips because no one was answering the phone. At this point I was disappointed, but still hopeful. Then we all put on our swim suits and marched down to the pool. Drained almost dry. The green color of the remaining water says it had been this way for a while. The mattresses were hard as rocks. The room looks like it was freshly painted and then all the old furniture including those old mattresses were put back in. The pull out bed was sagging and out of shape. We ended up 3 in a double bed because it was that bad!
Breakfast the next moring was going to make it all worthwhile. NO. Generic cereal, white toast and generic donuts. What happened? I was so careful to check the reviews. If everything else is booked, this place is clean but those other hotels had working pools and efficient front desk help. Stay some where else. This is at most a 2 star place.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank floridadream
Reviewed 28 June 2005

Stayed overight on the way back to Florida. Convenient location to I-95 and restaurants, gas stations,etc. Clean and comfortable room with all necessary ammenities. Great breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2005