“Could improve with very little effort”

Days Inn Kingsland GA
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Boca Raton, Florida
“Could improve with very little effort”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Outside and lobby are very attractive. The location is wonderful and the price is right. However, no decaf coffee for breakfast!? The regular coffee machine did not work well either. Breakfast room could have been neater.
Towels and sheets were very clean but areworn out and need replacement.
This hotel was the third Days Inn we have stayed in. If it would have been the first, it may have been our last.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shulafly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We stopped here after driving 7 hours. Naturally, we wanted to catch up on the Olympics which was on channel13. Only problem was that the remote went from channel 12 to 14. I finally called the front desk. They sent a person so check. The problem was that I had to put in channel 13 by entering the digits 1-3, which the man did--for a tip. To complex to do by phone, I guess.

The room was OK, soft mattress, usual continental breakfast. Not too noisy.

Room Tip: 'some rooms are on the pool side and can be a little noisy if there are kids.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My son and I stopped for the night on the way home to SC from FL. I was very pleased with the accommodations, the lobby, and friendliness of the staff. The breakfast was OK--all sugary carbs, no protein, but I figure you get what you pay for. The only problem was the noise level. This hotel is very close to a lot of other hotels and restaurants. There was a lot of talking and laughing outside our room at night, and in the morning, there was construction/ maintenance work being done upstairs, so the jackhammer was very loud. Thankfully, we were so tired, we could sleep though anything. It probably isn't loud like that all the time, so we would probably stay there again when traveling to and from Florida.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I had read that this hotel may have had problems with some bugs. When I checked in, which was very quick and easy, I went to the room. I didn't bring my luggage in should the previous report of bed bugs be true. I did use a very powerful LED light that I use in photography sometimes. I inspected not only the bed I would sleep in but the other bed next to it. I scoured the seams, the stitching, anywhere I could think of, even taking off the sheets. Not a sign of unwanted guest. Clean as a whistle. The room was immaculate, the bed very comfortable, and noise levels were low. I could clearly hear people outside my room when they went by, but it proved not be an issue. I'm sorry on person seemed to have problems, but I encountered no problems. You should be aware though that this Days Inn has a draconian policy of no refunds under any circumstances. Ever. Before you book a room, make sure your plans are solid. Plenty of places to eat, but other than the Krystal hamburger place adjacent to the parking lot (good food quick by the way) you need to drive. The Shoney's in front of the hotel was closed as I believe most Shoney's are.The TV was a little dark for my taste. A problem I've found i more hotels than I care to count despite the price range, although I had more stations to choose from than most places I've stayed which turned out to be good as the rain was relentless. Can be tricky to get into from the main road, you have to go past the Inn and turn into a maze of side roads. The room and carpet were clean, the service was excellent and the convenience was high. Wi-Fi is usable, could be a little stronger signal. Nice place, gladly book it again if I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Address didn't show up on my Garmin GPS. May be the GPS, but once you're in the neighborhood...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sea2005
Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

And we snuck into the pool after hours.

Decent stay for a decent price. Could always use more towels in the room, but other than that.. pretty nice.

Oh and the bathroom is like a mini closet. So don't try anything risque.

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

Not often you find a 2star motel that is so clean and smells GOOD when you walk in. There was a personal note from the cleaner and friendly staff. We travel all the time, and will now look for Days Inn in hopes they are all like this one!

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed 3 nights, noticed bug bites on my daughter and I in the morning thought it was mosquitos. Third morning woke up with worst bites, captured two and showed them to the hotel staff. Moved us rooms but by then my daughter was upset and did not want to stay there. Talked to the manager he did nothing, now its over a week later and my daughter still has bug bites all over, they did no compensation. Called corporate and they said they couldn't do anything since its a franchise. I will never stay in a days inn ever again, cheap is cheap. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed March 2012