“Name Change - no longer G-Daddy - but same location.”

G-Daddy's Real Barbeque
Ranked #24 of 72 Restaurants in Kingsland
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Located between a Wendy's and a Chevron station this trailer provides delicious BBQ. We had the pulled pork plate , trialed both the red and mustard sauce. The sides were also super, we tried: greens, BBQd cabbage, beans, mac&cheese, coleslaw, and potato salad. The serving was substantial. We stopped both on the way to and from FL and would recommend not arriving right when they open, but once they are in the swing of the day - bigger serving - better service - less waiting. If you are looking for ambiance - take your food into St. Mary's. Otherwise there is a little gazebo in the Chevron lot.

Reviewed 26 July 2010

Blues BBQ is no more. G-Daddy's occupies the same building and address.
I think the story is that the orginal owner sold to a family member.
The place is just off Exit 3 off I-95, near a Wendy's and the pink facade souvenir shop.
This little shack is across the street (Route 40) from several hotels.
I was told that they smoke the ribs for 15 hours. The ribs were sold out twice before I could get my hands and mouth on more of them. Had to settle for some pretty good chopped pork but sometimes you really just want ribs.
Ribs are better than the offerings at Sonny's or Brunswick's "The Georgia Pig".
I also liked the baked beans side dish. The home made carrot cake was good too.
The rib meat is tender and flavorful, no chunks of fat or gristle at all.
Outdoor seating is near the smoker so be prepared to smell of smoke.
Can also hear the clang of the smoker door every time it closes.
The pulled pork platter includes 2 sides and 2 slices of white bread.

Try it, you'll like it!

Reviewed 16 March 2009

this is the based barbeque i have ever had. i found it by mistake when i broke down driving from NY to FL. It's mustard based and outstanding! It doesn't hurt to like GA football at this place, but regardless, it doesn't get any better, anywhere.

Reviewed 10 August 2008

I am ordering some of their BBQ for Clemson/Bama this year. You CANNOT find better BBQ anywhere. If you are anywhere near Kingsland do yourself a big favor and stop. It is convenient to the highway and close to Jacksonville. Fantastic!

1  Thank coolgroovedaddy
Reviewed 24 May 2008

I have visited many barbecue places all over the East coast and was never pleased with any. Either the meat was not cooked right or the sauce was nasty. I was very skeptical about stopping at Blues but my daughter wanted some barbecue so we stopped. She ordered the pulled pork sandwich and her face lit up when she took the first bite. She talked me into trying it and when I did I was amazed at the flavor of the meat and the sauce. It was perfect, the pork was mouth watering and the sauce had the best flavor I had ever tasted. So if you want the worlds best barbecue you need to visit BLUES BARBECUE in Kingsland, Georgia.

1  Thank GeorgiaSweetkitten