“VERY QUIET, CLEAN! Good Price”

Econo Lodge Cumberland
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Roanoke, Virginia
“VERY QUIET, CLEAN! Good Price”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

At $49/night I paid, I was very happy. The hotel was clean, gave an o.k., breakfast in the morning, staff was exceptionally nice and friendly (both shifts), and the hotel was very quiet. Great place to stop and sleep while traveling. It's not a "fancy" place, but neither is the price! Don't be fooled by the coupon in the Hotel.com booklet - they don't accept their own coupon - you will pay a bit more than the coupon price.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ruthere04976

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Elgin, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Clean, comfortable,and convenient. My wife and I stayed here overnight on our way to Port Canaveral for a cruise. The room was very basic, but very clean. We had a comfortable king size bed. The hotel itself was conveniently located right off of I-95 with many restaurants within walking distance and multiple gas stations close by for refueling. They have a pool, in season. They also have a "continental breakfast", but it was nothing more than 2 cereal choices and some coffee. I would stay here again, for a night.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Treasure Island, Florida
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We couldn't drive any more...it was 2am..wasn't looking for anything fancy. We just needed a place to sleep. When I went in I was greeted by Miss Wanda and she was wonderful...cherry, chatty and didn't seem at all like she was working at 2am. She got me checked in promptly and efficiently and we were on our way to dreamland. The room was clean and well taken care of and the only complaint I had was the pillows..they were kinda flat. Other than that the room was nice and served its pourpose. The alos had a complimentary breakfast that was yummy.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HotelManager10700
Florida
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I'm not sure I'd stay here for an extended vacation, but for an overnight stop during a long drive, it was perfect! Pets are welcomed, the room was clean and large, and it was clean. There is an IHop across the street, and a Valera gas station Travel Center next door that has a Popeyes Chicken restaurant and a deli in it for sandwiches, so once you are there, you don't need to drive to get a quick meal. I would definitely stop here again on the way up and down the East Coast.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank C4vy579
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We must not expect the miracles when we were looking for the cheapest place to spend the night. However, cleanliness should not necessarily come for the price. The room smelled off and so did linens. The AC controls were faded off. Overall OK but would not go again for sure.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank senseofhumour
Norman Park, Georgia
Reviewed 26 December 2011

The hotel has good curve appeal and the desk clerk was professional and courteous. It's convenient to I-95 with restaurants, gas stations, etc., near by. On the down side, I was very disappointed that the hotel didn't honor my coupon from the December 2011 - 'travel coupon' book! The room appeared to be clean but I did find hair on the tub walls, some sort of stains on the sheets, and a horrible stench. I'm sure the cleanliness is usually good. They mislead you with the continental breakfast. Its juice or coffee, cereal, toast, etc.

I would give this hotel a second chance before I ruled this location off my list.

NOTE: I travel on a budget and lodge in hotels that are less expensive than 5-star hotels. Generally speaking, I'm not sure how often bed spreads are cleaned, if they put on a new roll of toilet paper, if they change unused guest towels, and it's hard to find a hotel, in this classification, that doesn't have some sort of a stench, as a result I have learned to travel with Lysol disinfectant spray and Lysol 4-in-1 cleaner.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Abington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 December 2011

This facility is very convenient to I-95 near the Florida border. It is close to a Cracker Barrel restaurant and gas stations. The amenities are minimal but it is comfortable. The staff was helpful and supportive. I am planning my next trip to Homestead Florida and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple