“Don't waste your time or money”

Econo Lodge Cumberland
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
“Don't waste your time or money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband are truck drivers and it's right next door to the truck stop so we decided we would get a room for the night since we were laid over as soon as we went in the guy at the desk was a jerk but we went ahead and got the room so we could shower and relax , when we opened the door the room stunk bad so u went up and told the front desk and asked him to switch our room he said he would spray it , that didn't help so went back up and he told us we had been there over 30 min so he couldn't switch us we decided we would rather sleep in our truck and asked for our money back he said no he can't do that, I called choice hotels they told me I would have to talk to mgr in the morning

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ELCUMBERLAND-GM, General Manager at Econo Lodge Cumberland, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Valuable Guest. Thank you for taking the time to share your review. On behalf of the entire staff at Econo Lodge, Kingsland we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with us. We thank you for taking the time to alert us of the issue so that we are able to handle them immediately to ensure a comfortable stay for the next guest. I certainly hope that the guest service agent in the morning was able to assist you adequately to rectify your problem. Thank you for your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night while having work done to the house. The room was very clean and provided everything we needed. Not many frills, but for a restful night's sleep in the heart of Kingsland, you absolutely can't beat it. Especially considering the price of $40 a night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. Our number one goal is to ensure that each stay is comfortable as well as enjoyable, while keeping our prices reasonable. I will be sure to commend our staff for the job they did during your stay. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

The hotel was located very conveniently off the I-95 freeway with plenty of restaurants in the near by hotel area. It was extremely clean, with exceptionally friendly staff. The hotel grounds are very pleasing to the eye and the hotel was nice and quiet. It has a good breakfast bar including a variety of cereals, doughnuts and great coffee! I would definitely recommend this hotel for a fair price and great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
ELCUMBERLAND-GM, General Manager at Econo Lodge Cumberland, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear guest, firstly we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Our number one goal is to ensure that each stay is comfortable as well as economical. I will be sure to commend our staff for the job they did during your stay. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

The clerk at the front desk pretend the place was newly renovated ... NOT! The carpet was humid, bathroom filthy, pubes hair in shower, a/c won't stop, bed bugs and roach fall on my wife's chest from ceiling.!.!? We than run away as fast as we can to best western! Do not go to econolodge

• Stayed May 2013
On behalf of the entire staff at Econo Lodge, Kingsland we would like to appologize for the various inconnviniences during your recent stay with us. We thank you for taking the time to alert us of the various issues so that we are able to handle them immediately to ensure a comfortable stay for the next guest. Thank you for your business.
Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

Clean room, nice bed. Very accommodating staff. Good breakfast bar. Fair price . convenient on and off freeway. plenty of dining choices in the area. I have run out of things to say. Like I said I would stay there again when passing through the area.I do not feel you would be disappointed. Oh ,did I say it was quiet too.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

At $49/night I paid, I was very happy. The hotel was clean, gave an o.k., breakfast in the morning, staff was exceptionally nice and friendly (both shifts), and the hotel was very quiet. Great place to stop and sleep while traveling. It's not a "fancy" place, but neither is the price! Don't be fooled by the coupon in the Hotel.com booklet - they don't accept their own coupon - you will pay a bit more than the coupon price.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ruthere04976
Elgin, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

Clean, comfortable,and convenient. My wife and I stayed here overnight on our way to Port Canaveral for a cruise. The room was very basic, but very clean. We had a comfortable king size bed. The hotel itself was conveniently located right off of I-95 with many restaurants within walking distance and multiple gas stations close by for refueling. They have a pool, in season. They also have a "continental breakfast", but it was nothing more than 2 cereal choices and some coffee. I would stay here again, for a night.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple