“Disappointing - Will Not Return” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 104 Restaurants in LaGrange
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Disappointing - Will Not Return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We love Mexican food, so we checked out the local Mexican offerings and we chose this restaurant for a late Friday night dinner (about 9:30) after a long and tiring moving day. We were seated in the bar area even though we had a 7 year old with us. Perhaps we looked a little too grungy to be in the dining room, but I saw others seated there who did not look much better than we did, and they also had children. The chips were hot and crisp, which was the high note. The salsa was good, although made with cilantro and maybe not to everyone's liking. Two of us ordered chicken flautas served with rice and beans. We are used to a loosely-rolled flour shell with plenty of moist chicken that seems to have been broiled to achieve a bit of crunch. The diameter of these extremely crisp flautas was about 3/4 inch. At first, I thought this was a good thing, but as they cooled, they got tough, and the chicken inside was dry. The cheese sauce was not plentiful enough to judge. Although the rice was fluffy, both the rice and beans were bland. Service was like the aforementioned cheese sauce. Drinks and chips came quickly. Refills took longer. We sat for a long time, maybe as long as 10 - 15 minutes before our order was taken, and maybe 15 - 20 before we got our food - not typical for a Mexican restaurant. It took a while before we were checked on, and another 10 - 15 minutes to get a replacement cheese quesadilla for the 7 year old. There are other Mexican restaurants in Lagrange. We will keep trying.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Peachtree City, Georgia
“Not what it used to be...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This was the first place I began to eat mexican food back when I was in college. I played soccer on sundays with owner and many of the employees. It was my go to restaurant 21+ years ago. I took my son there for girst time the other night. Service was good...the salsa tasted fresh not to spicy with a fresh cilantro flavor. I ordered the nopales salad with steak chicken n shrimp. It looked great but tasted a little bland. My son had 3 cheese enchilladas which he enjoyed and my wife had 2 beef tacos. Not what I had remembered but willing to give it another try with a diffrent entree.

Lilburn, Georgia
“Our "go to" restaurant in LaGrange”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We almost always go to Los Nopales when we are in LaGrange. The service is good, the food is plentiful, tasty, and a good value. My husband especially likes that they use poblano peppers in the Chile Rellenos. The cheese sauce is also very good.

Visited March 2014
LaGrange, Georgia, United States
“Great Food & Drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We go there on Fridays after work to eat, drink and unwind. The staff is also great. Very friendly. They have great food and the margaritas are excellent.

• Visited July 2013
Springfield, Missouri
“Fantastic Fajiyas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

We make it a point to make it here on our trips to Georgia. Service is great, margaritas are great, and the price is just right. What makes this restaurant? The fajitas. Great chicken, seasoning is sumptuous. Always consistently amazing.

• Visited July 2013