“Old Holiday Inn, half-heartedly converted to a Holiday Inn Express”

La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in LaGrange
“Old Holiday Inn, half-heartedly converted to a Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stay at a lot of Holiday Inn's for business and I try to stay at the Express brand because they're newer, nicer and usually better maintained. Other than the sign on the hotel and they serve breakfast, this is an old-time, quaint Holiday Inn -it has seen better days. Passable in a pinch, but for the money there are nicer places to stay.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank fergusn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Stayed here for a few nights on a business trip. A nice clean hotel with good facilities that you would expect of this chain. The staff were helpful and despite being in an unknown area they were a great help in finding where and what I needed. A small however is you probably don't want to be left here without a car. There isn't much to do and it's a good walk (especially if you have small kids) to the nearest restaurant. We walked but ended up in knee deep mud in an unmarked building site. What can I say, keep to the road, especially in the dark!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank YBOD98
Rincon,GA (near Savannah)
Reviewed 19 March 2011

I am here now and I have a small child that I am trying to entertain. Besides the pool, there is nothing for her to do. They have no channels for children (no Nick or Disney) and my internet connection keeps failing (they have to keep resetting the router). I am trying to work while my husband digs for rocks and keep my daughter busy. Since I am unable to do this then we will not be coming back. The hotel is old but kept up and the staff is nice but it takes more than that to bring me back.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 68fastback
Dreieich, Germany
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We stayed 2 nights in the Hotel after a 10 hour trip from Germany.
Nice location and helpfull staff.Espacially Diana was very helpfull with her tips about what to do and where to eat .Once more,thank you for your help.We will come back next year.Hope to see you all soon.
Peter and family.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank ppb-reichelt
Atanta, GA
Reviewed 19 April 2010

We stay at the Holiday Inn Express line of hotels a fair amount. There are sometimes they are overpriced for the location, but for the most part, are always a good option. This hotel was no exception. Everything was clean, the service was very good and the rooms were just what you would expect. We always enjoy the breakfast the next morning. I don't think this one had the new bedding system in place. That would be my only complaint, the beds just did not seem as nice as some others we have stayed at.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Skyarrow1
Manchester, NH
Reviewed 13 December 2009

For a Holiday Inn Express, the room was fantastic. Decent beds, lots of space, and very clean. Even the hotel hallways were spotless. The staff was friendly enough. The location is good - if you by chance need to be in La Grange KY as we were. The hotel was very quiet at night. All of this for a very reasonable price. I would not think twice about booking this place again.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mhnstein99
south carolina
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Lobby is really nice. The first room I got had been smoked in so I had to switch to another room which was clean and air conditioner worked well. Checked for bed bugs and saw none as a previous guest had saw some 2 years ago. The bathroom was clean but shower cutain smelled like midew. Hallways were great. Longhorn (new) just down the road was great place to eat.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business