“Average”

La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in LaGrange
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Room was clean, malfunctioning coffee maker, moldy bathroom ceiling, inferior rattling A/C, slow internet.
Nice bed, aging frumpy pillows.
Shower curtain was partially hung so I ended up doing some housekeeping. Shower curtain bottom sat in bathtub.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Dear Phaser,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. As customer service professionals, we strive to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. Please accept my sincere apology for the unusual conditions of the room you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Again, thank you for staying with us and leaving us with an honest feedback.

Joel B

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I have stayed in Holiday Inn Express locations before, but would not stay at this property again. Maybe we just had a bad room, but I would not take the chance. The bathroom door would not close so it was a good thing it was just my husband and I in the room. The air conditioner worked, but was VERY NOISY. We finally turned it off so we could get some sleep. There was no "black out" curtain, only the sheers, so the bright light in the parking lot lit up the room all night...and not to mention there was no privacy when the light was on in the room. Anyone at the pool could see inside our room. The front desk staff was friendly enough, but not enough to make up for the poor quality/maintenance in the room.

There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room, but we didn't use them since we were there for just one night.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Dear RNM0m,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B

Reviewed 24 September 2012

i had my property taken from my room. called and asked manager to contact me , NEVER DID. beware not a good place to stay. walls cracking and room not clean hair all over bath. There were black stains on the floor and on a foot stool. front desk gave me the wrong room at check in. The belmont inn is right next door . i wish i had stayed there.

Room Tip: stay at belmont inn their bad room is better than holiday inn express best.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear Sergeant b,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Hotel is mostly clean but old and in need of renovation. Furnishings, carpet, wall coverings are dated and worn. Air conditioner old but works well. Room had mini-fridge, coffee maker, and microwave which are convenient. TV is not a flat screen (if that's important to you). Front desk staff at check in were very friendly. I would say the price is indicative of the quality you should expect. A nicer, newer Wingate Wyndham hotel is about a half a mile down the road.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed overnight on trip to panama city w family. Rooms ok but not as clean as I expect from hie. Older furniture, tv, etc. bathrooms need some work w baseboards, etc. for some reason, phone in bathroom. Lobby is on one end of hotel, so you may need to park on other side to avoid longer walk to room. Ok for overnight stops, didn't feel dangerous, and low points if you use rewards for free stay, but baymont is nicer beside it, no priority club goodie bag,etc. If there is not a significant renovation in next two or three years, they'll probably lose their brand and have to change to a different one.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We were travelling to Biloxi and stopped here for a quick over night stay. Location was easy on and off. There were restaurants around the hotel ( not within walking distance). This hotel was very clean and the breakfast was good. They had a pancake maker, cinnamon rolls, sausage, biscuits and gravy. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Had 2 nights here while visiting a friend. Pleasant enough check in but no goodie bag for being a Priority Club Member (got goodies at the last 4 we stayed) in fact no acknowledgement for being a member at all.

Room was clean although it looked like mold around the grip in the shower. The shower head wasn't working the best either but I had a room on the end of the hall and it was really quiet - loved that. The A/C was working when I walked in - thank you! Its been killer hot this summer and that was nice. It wasn't overly noisy either so I slept well.

Breakfast was the standard HIE fare - still not sure why there is gloppy gravy and biscuits for breakfast - not at all appetizing but the new pancake maker was a hit again. It was nice to have breakfast over looking the garden too.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends