“not at all disappointed”

La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in LaGrange
Reviewed 29 June 2013

i enjoyed my stay @ hoffman inn.the rooms were very clean,and the young lady @ the front desk was the friendliest front desk person I've dealt with.the maintenance man was super sweet and does a great job keeping the place up.no bad odors.in fact the place had a very pleasnt smell.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jodie M

Reviewed 27 May 2013

My family came to this hotel because of the Holiday Inn Express sign. The gentleman that checked us in was friendly and gave us a room. The outside and the lobby looked like a HIE but the rooms were run down and dirty. They had not cleaned behind the trash can in the bathroom for what seems like months and the tub was nasty. The breakfast was okay. The halls had stained carpet along with the room. I think the worst was when we came in and turned on the A/c it had a horible smell simular to vomit. Gross is my best discription. We were not even told it was not an HIE until we went to check out. Dont be fooled by the sign at the exit on the highway or out front!! THIS IS NOT A HOLIDAY IN EXPRESS.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Meaarmywife
Reviewed 23 March 2013

3/23/2013--Front desk personnel was fairly nice. Had no trouble checking in. When we got to the room, we noticed an old washcloth left from previous guest draped over the shower rod. We left it there, but brought it to the housekeeper's attention the next day. She never took it away and we had to take it down to the front desk on a stick. The bathtub fills up while taking a shower. The water is extremely hot and could have burned my hand. My hands are not at all sensitive and so when I say the water was hot, it was HOT!! When the housekeeper came to clean the room, we were almost ready to leave so we asked her to come back. We left the room and were gone about two hours. When we returned to the room, it still had not been made up. When the housekeeper returned to clean the room, I was in the room, doing some work on the computer. She asked if I wanted her to make up the beds. I said yes. She didn't provide clean sheets, though, and just made the beds. She was very pleasant, though. The kicker to the whole stay was that the pancake machine was out of order. My husband loves those pancakes and that is one reason we choose to stay in a Holiday Inn Express. The funny thing was that the out of order sign wasn't on the machine during the day where we could have been prepared for it, but got put on the machine during the breakfast hours only. We witnessed this on our second morning. It appeared that they just chose not to get the machine repaired or to provide the pancakes. Speaking with the breakfast attendant, it had been out for a while and she had no idea when it would be fixed. All in all, a disappointing stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Kitty R,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for falling short of your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. The issues you have raised about the shower and the pancake machine will definitely be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A

Reviewed 18 January 2013

1-17-13 girl at front desk not very nice......VERY dark parking lot.....building very old and still paid $100.00 :-( next morning another gal at front desk not nice.....Where was the Southern Hospitality? We was tired of driving and stopped here....I wish I had read the reviews first. We would have drove down one more exit and stayed at the Hampton Inn......Never again at exit 18

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Truthalways52
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Dear Truthalways52,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service. For that reason, I apologize for any inconvenience the condition of our parking and customer service you received from our staff may have caused during your stay. Rest assured your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments and we will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Room was clean, malfunctioning coffee maker, moldy bathroom ceiling, inferior rattling A/C, slow internet.
Nice bed, aging frumpy pillows.
Shower curtain was partially hung so I ended up doing some housekeeping. Shower curtain bottom sat in bathtub.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Dear Phaser,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. As customer service professionals, we strive to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. Please accept my sincere apology for the unusual conditions of the room you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Again, thank you for staying with us and leaving us with an honest feedback.

Joel B

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I have stayed in Holiday Inn Express locations before, but would not stay at this property again. Maybe we just had a bad room, but I would not take the chance. The bathroom door would not close so it was a good thing it was just my husband and I in the room. The air conditioner worked, but was VERY NOISY. We finally turned it off so we could get some sleep. There was no "black out" curtain, only the sheers, so the bright light in the parking lot lit up the room all night...and not to mention there was no privacy when the light was on in the room. Anyone at the pool could see inside our room. The front desk staff was friendly enough, but not enough to make up for the poor quality/maintenance in the room.

There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room, but we didn't use them since we were there for just one night.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Dear RNM0m,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B

Reviewed 24 September 2012

i had my property taken from my room. called and asked manager to contact me , NEVER DID. beware not a good place to stay. walls cracking and room not clean hair all over bath. There were black stains on the floor and on a foot stool. front desk gave me the wrong room at check in. The belmont inn is right next door . i wish i had stayed there.

Room Tip: stay at belmont inn their bad room is better than holiday inn express best.